Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

more performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more performance

i was wondering if anyone was tried putting a pure polaris pipe for a twin on a 500ho.and is a clutch kit the best mod to do for more performance?

Old 02-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

you can get a white bros e series slip on from dennis kirk for 150us and make it fit search for brambles he has one with a pic

Old 02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

I would stay away from piping. I have seen elsewhere on this site that piping a HO dosen't make that much of a power increase for the cost. Get a clutch kit designed for your quad, this way the manufacturer has done all the testing for you. I run an EPI sport utility kit, along with a K&N and NGK Iridium spark plug and I make guys on 700 EFI's nervous!! With the factory tires on, I can get almost 70 mph out of my little HO!! IMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

SEARCH FOR brambles what is the scoop and talk to him or mainemudder we all have the white bros slip on who make it for polaris the have theres dialed in i just have mine on no time to setup yet

Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Range Rover
Default more performance

hotdogmb did you loose any bottom end with that clutch kit,what all comes in that kit and what did it cost?.what year is your ho?

Old 02-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

No Bubs, I didn't lose any bottom end, it got better!! I got the EPI kit from Royal Distributing and it was $258.00 and change delivered to my house. It comes with two primary springs, one to lower the engagment if you find it too high, weights, and a helix. On my 2002 HO you reuse the secondary spring. The kit works great! You can easily get the front end up and the speed out of the hole is great. Was easy to install to. It grabs the belt better, reducing slippage. You can go to www.royaldistributing.ca for more info.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Range Rover
Default more performance

thanks for the info,i thought about getting a heelclicker,but this sounds like it will do the job,seeing as i only live an hour away from royal distributing.my 500 is a 04 but that souldnt make any difference.Is there good insruction with it?

Bubs

Old 02-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

The instructions are pretty good and the best thing with this kit is that EPI has done all the testing for you. You should be able to get it cheaper than me if you are picking it up. I wish I lived closer to royal distributing so i could get more stuff cheaper. Will maybe not, i might be broke if I did that!! Get the kit, you will love it and your buddys that don't have one will hate you when you kick they a$$!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Also get the K&N #PL-1003, it makes a good power adder to, if you don't already have one. Have fun..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default more performance

wow! hotdogmb...did you say that your 500 will go almost 70!?!?! Thats crazy! in a good way of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] wow again. i already have a K&N and a similar clutch kit. but i did take my EBS off. so i was wondering what kind of a difference that spark plug makes. i couldnt imagine much. have you rejetted or anything like that. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Wes

Old 02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default more performance

All the mods I have done are there. I have not rejetted yet, but thinking of going with a Dynojet kit. I think I get that kind of speed because of the stock tires which are not very aggresive. The 2003 models came with the Rawhides and this made the bikes alot slower. My bike stock would do 64-65mph on the blacktop using the speedo in my truck which was beside me. We only did this once, just to see how fast it would go. We are northern rednicks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Does the Dynojet setup really work as good as people say?? As far as the spark plug goes, it has made starting better and the throttle response is better. The main mod has to be the EPI clutch kit. It pulls hard all the way up to top speed. I don't have any storage boxes on when we did the speed test and I made my 210 lb frame as small as I could behind the pod. Some guys say a just lucked out and got a quick one. My buddy has an 2002 700 carb that is unusually fast as well. Mmmmm go figure. Were only 2 hours from the Polaris factory and have many friends working there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: more performance