Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

jetting for oil injection removal.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jetting for oil injection removal.

I am planning to remove my oil injection, and have never seen anyone else mention jetting when doing this mod. However I found one post that said its required.

That being said, I assume rejetting is needed is there a guide for rejetting like this ? I could find nothing searching. I don;t meen specific jets but say you need to increase fuel 50% so I can kind of reference. I have rebuilt a carb but am figuring out carb tuning as I go along. All and any help is appreciated.

Also has anyone ever used the UFO from Thunder products. looks like it may be snake oil but I know trail riders that swear by the power now and this looks like a better product to me for smoothing out turbulence in the intake track.
UFO from TPI

Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

conig, to reply 2nd ? 1st. i have put in a few of the UFO's. they definitely had more throttle response over stock. could tell because some bikes this was the only mod done at the time. if you put one in you will need to rejet. instructions in kit make it fairly easy. you do have to mod slide alittle. as far as jetting for block off, really haven't heard to much. may need to because of oil in fuel going thru jet can make it act leaner. check with whoever you get block off from. most of the time i put block off in, i was doing other things so was rejetting anyway.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

Just curious, Why would you want to remove the oil injection? Less weight?

Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hello conig. Well, think of it this way. If you run a 40 to 1 oil mixture, you only need to put a jet in that flows 1/40th more than the jet you have in it. This is probably insignificant and within the tolerance of how close you can adjust fuel mixture. I know when I put pump block offs on my jetskis, I didn't rejet it for the same reason.
I hope this helps you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BrycegTX

Old 02-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the help, I am going to tool my own block off plate so its kind of hard to get info from the present manuafacturors. if no changes required is the final anwser I'll just richen the needle and be careful the first time out.

and correct weight is my reason. pil injection and factory handle bars are the only weight savings I hasve left.