Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sold my lift to buy another

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sold my lift to buy another

I sold my craftsman motorcycle/atv lift this morning which I put on the atv connections free classifieds ads. I then went to SamsClub and bought the new Crew-Line aluminum motorcylce/atv lift which holds up to 1500 lbs. and works just like an automotive jack with a single pump knurlled handle which is removable for easy storage and has the twin lift pads with ratchet strap loops to secure what your lifting. I took a couple of digital pics but don't have any empty spots in my gallery YET until I get my membership.

you can go to www.samsclub.com and put a search in for motorcycle and it will show you the lift for $99.81, you can find the lift on ebay and harbor freight also but they are going for $139.99

Old 02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

cool deal, i wonder if they have one at my Sam's...I've been looking at them, the trouble with the harbor freight lift is that the stop and handle, etc. get in the way of the big floorboards on the Polaris....

need to find out if my local Sam's, there are two of them, has the lift....thats what i need...

dave

Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

just checked online if they had them at either store...nada...

Old 02-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

just as you said dave, the craftsman lift was worked great for my harley but just as you said the foot pump and handle get in the way of the large composite floor boards on the quad. this new lift works awesome and has plenty of room to get under the quad without worry of hitting the floor boards and the handle has plenty of room. You can go to the website and order the lift too. you can also call your local sams and they can do a store transfer for you. you will definitley love this lift, to remove the handle all there is is a screw with a knurlled head and all you do is loosen it and pull the handle off, there is a hex fitting on the inside which locks the handle into place. I took the handle off and the lift slid right under my workbench in my workshed.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

I actually just bought a craftsman lift last night. It works great with mine, even with the nerfs on.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Plus it was onsale for $80.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I gace $30.00 bucks for my harbor freight. I think it is the smallest they make, it don't fit that well with my nerf bars.....but it works.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

no offense but for another $10 I would rather have this new lift than the craftsman lift, I sold my craftsman lift for $50 and only used it once when I was installing the front end on my harley. don't get me wrong the craftsman lift is a great lift and built better than the larin's and the cheap ones from harbor freight but I needed something with a bit more quality and durability for the harley at the time and now need something to work with the harley and the 700EFI and wanted a lift that I could just push und the machine and lift without worrying about the floorboards being in the way and so forth.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: silverbullet2005
just as you said dave, the craftsman lift was worked great for my harley but just as you said the foot pump and handle get in the way of the large composite floor boards on the quad. this new lift works awesome and has plenty of room to get under the quad without worry of hitting the floor boards and the handle has plenty of room. You can go to the website and order the lift too. you can also call your local sams and they can do a store transfer for you. you will definitley love this lift, to remove the handle all there is is a screw with a knurlled head and all you do is loosen it and pull the handle off, there is a hex fitting on the inside which locks the handle into place. I took the handle off and the lift slid right under my workbench in my workshed.
I ordered it online, shipping was about $17 and tax another $7 or so, so ended up around $125 shipped, thats still alot cheaper than everywhere i've seen, now its time to sell my 3 week old harbor freight 1500 lb lift.....

Old 02-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Auto Zone or Murray's had some too for cheep i think around $50. Dont know about the clearance problem, they may be the Harbor Freight ones.?

Quick Reply: sold my lift to buy another