Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ust Scrambler???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ust Scrambler???

I am thinking of getting a scrambler and want to know all i can about them befor i buy so just tell me everything you know. I really want to know how they do in mud,snow,and dunes and how are they going over whoops are they smooth or ruff thanks

Old 02-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ust Scrambler???

If you are asking about the 500ho 4x4 they are the BEST all around quad out. No one will deny that. If it is the 400 4x4 it is just as good but more maintenance and tons of mods. Any of the scramblers from 99 and up are great.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default ust Scrambler???

I am talking about the 500 4x4

Old 02-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ust Scrambler???

Then yes it is a great quad. Lots of power, great in mud and will still jump but not like a sport quad. Anyone on this site can tell you that it is a great quad for about everything.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default ust Scrambler???

I really like my 04 Scrambler 500 4x4, This is the first quad I have purchased and was not sure what to get, Sport or UTE, I went in between for the best of both worlds and im glad I did.
My son and I rode a track for awhile as he has a Pred 90 and it is more of a track bike. That place closed and now I only ride woods, open trail and mud.
I have been riding with all UTE's lately and the only places I won't go that they go is the deep water holes and really deep mud.
I have made it every where the UTE's have gone. I even made it through a creek and up the other side easier than a friends Vinson.
However making it through creeks and mud hasn't been a problem yet for the Scrambler.
I just ordered a White Brothers slip on and K&N air filter. I will be ordering some bigger wheels and tires soon. That will increase my ground clearance and traction.
I enjoy fixing it up to my likings.
If you want a sport bike with 4x4 that will take you almost anywhere go for the Scrambler.
If you want to mud Bog, water wheelie, tow others out and storage, go for the Sportsman.
My next bike will be a Sportsman just to compliment the Scrambler, cause ya really need both.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default ust Scrambler???

Thanks a ton so far you guys have been a big help it sounds like the Scrambler would be a perfect quad for me but I would still like for some more replys thanks

Old 02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default ust Scrambler???

If your riding style, wants & needs are anything but an MX track the Scrambler 500 4x4 is a very good choice ( of course we're a little biased around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) I love the hell out of mine. I owned an '01 400ex prior to the Scrambler & I will honestly say that I have had more fun on the Scram. in one year than I had in 3 w/ the ex. Not that the ex was a heap, it's just that the Scram does everything ( but high altitude flights ) just as well & in the case of snow & mud alot better. Just yesterday in fact, my two nephews,
one on a Trailboss & the other on an '04 400ex, & a buddy of mine on a kfx400 went riding here in WI, where there is/was about 8-10 inches of snow yet & the scrammy had to lead the way for the other 3. Just locked 'er in 4by & went to town. It's the perfect quad for show & go. When I first bought it I took some heat from my riding buddies for getting rid of a pure sport quad. But now all I hear is " can I take her for a cruise" or " wanna trade for a few miles" What has been said about the Scrambler in the past is true to form in my opinion, it does it all qiute good, but no super great in any one area.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default ust Scrambler???

if you have the means, i highly recommend picking one up. they are SO choice! (ferris bueller)

you might save a little money by finding one thats a few years old that had been taken care of. i think 03 is the last year for the rear fox shock and the standard seat. but other than that i think they are all pretty much the same.

until polaris upgrades the scrambler 500 4x4, (to a bigger motor or something) i will always own one.

just my opinion.

X

Old 02-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default ust Scrambler???

You could do a scrambler search and come up with a few hours of good reading.

I love my 400 2x4 and it goes through quite a bit for a 2x4 and has a fairly plush ride for a SRA machine. You can really mod the 400 2 stroke to be a beast.
The 500 HO 4x4 is probably the best all around trail quad.

If your going to jump get a chain tensioner from HPD /RcR.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default ust Scrambler???

Scrambler 400X 4X4
Only had it for a couple of months so far...No complaints...it's more fun and unstoppable than I had expected...and I expected a lot

Quick Reply: ust Scrambler???