Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Questions for quad owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for quad owners

Weekdays: at least 4-5 hours during the week, mostly night riding for like 2 hours just to get it out of my system.
Weekends: Maybe 10-12 hours, adding up staurday and sunday, at least 7 if we just go out on sunday.
Wrench time: I like to work on the bike so i'd say like 2 hours a week, just messing with stuff or putting on new parts, etc. Its not needed but its a hobby of mine. Oil changes are down to 15 minutes with a full bike check, everytime i go riding i do a pre ride check, air pressure, oil level, chain tension, plug check, filter check.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

i ride religiously every sunday. (its my version of church)

on average we ride 4-6 hours and cover about 30-40 miles. i spend more time cleaning than i do wrenching. but before every ride, we all do alittle wrenching.(adjustment, lubrication, and sytem checks)

X

Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

I ride every other weekend at lease one full day ... cleaning and moding take up the rest of my time on that weekend.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Since Christmas I've put on 46 hours mostly at Paragon and nite riding. I will be doing most of my own work on my new quad. Maintenence should not be a problem, but for the upgrades that I want to add I will be waiting for the funds to accumulate (way too slow for my wants)!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Front and rear bumpers, winch, K & N filter kit, clutch kit(heelclicker) and some exhaust upgrade ???? I run with one other sp 500 h.o. and 5 scramblers plus other assorted quads so my next bike will be a scrambler also, I don't think a pure sport quad will be able to go where we ride even though I like the tld predator,too deep mud and heavy rock trails!!
thanks

Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

I usually only ride on the weekends about 5-10 hours total right now until summer then I'll be takin some quad trips, I am in the same boat as far as wrenching. the quad is still new so unless I am doing some sort of mod then I am taking it to the dealer for warranty repairs.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

If averaged out over the year I probably spend 15 hrs a month riding, but summer is much higher than winter.

When you ask about wrenching, are you refering just about maintenance or all the other tweaking like putting on after market stuff? Just maintenance is probably 3 hrs a month.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about riding time, it was probably a few hours a day during the summer, but now that school's in, its much less. I put in about 850 miles this summer, but only about 150 since then (mostly plowing recently).

Wrench time, that's just about comprised of the regular boot changes. Maybe once a month for that, I can do it in about 25 minutes now, but it usually leads to a complete checkover/bolt tightening/winch adjusting run (the winch still isnt perfect, the solenoid isnt on right and its a little crooked). As far as intended riding time, that would be at least 12 hours a day. Unfortunatly, school makes that a little bit difficult these days.

Tyler

Old 02-11-2005, 03:35 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Rick,

I spend an average of 15 hours a month riding. I spend very little as far as wrenching, I don't count routine maintenance as wrenching. The only real wrenching is when I get around to ordering something from you, which reminds me I have a head I need to return, sorry. My Polaris' have been so dependable I'm spoiled.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will average 8-10hrs a month riding.And 10-20 hrs a month working on and cleaning all 3.I have to maintain and repair mine,my sons and my wifes.Plus I am always trying to get more out of them by clutching and testing.It all takes time but it is fun.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

This time of year I'm riding 16+ hours a month, and wrench them about 3 or 4 hour a month. I ride with a large group of people and I end up wrenching a lot of their bikes also ( its good therapy )
My wife says I spend more time with my atv then I do with her. I have thought long and hard about this problem, and my solution is simple. Buy her a atv so she can spend time with me!!

Quick Reply: Questions for quad owners