Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The Ultimate Hypocrite

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2000, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point snowshark. If it has a good EBS system, then it will surely come under consideration when it arrives. So far, I have no strikes against it. Disc brakes and steel racks. Good ground clearance from the picture. Price will be through the roof, but by then I may have quad fever so bad that I might trade the truck in. Doubt it though. The 650 came out at the right time for me. Plenty of time to wait before it arrives, plenty of time to wait to see what others might come out with, and plenty of time to research it thoroughly. Still a CVT automatic, but it seems that everyone is making their flagships autos. I'm itching to see a full scale report on this. Too bad it will be a while.

Old 09-20-2000, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately the 650 will only have a single shock swing arm constructed of aluminum. While this will result in less unsprung weight, it will still not be as smooth as the Sportsman 500.

You may just have to wait for the 700 twin?

Ifeelikeakidanticipatingchristmas

Old 09-20-2000, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hard to part with sometihng you like and is paid off! Had the same thing with my Pathfinder, I wanted something new i was looking at one of the new Xplorer Sports from Ford, 30,000, My Pathfinder is paid off and has never been in the shop for anythig but oil changes and a couple oftune-ups. but i got the fever would have had to come up with almost 20 grand , I was so close to doing and thought my god! I could do allot with 20 grand, s o I am keeping my truck and i bought 2 Indy Sports last night to ease my wanting something new cravings.

Old 09-20-2000, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thor,

Where did you get your information about the aluminum swingarm on the new kawi?? Thanks!!

Waylan

Old 09-20-2000, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

http://atvnews.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=1318

There is an article on the competitive news site.

Old 09-21-2000, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you get an Explorer, get new tires. I'd like to see you on the forums for a while longer.

As far as a 700 sportsman over a 650 kawasaki, if I wanted that, I would just get the HO. The power it has is just fine. I'm not into the kawasaki for the engine (it helps though), but rather for the other features its supposed to have. I would still prefer the swingaxle though. Looks like it will come down to how good the new CVT is and the truth on this true 4wd thing. If it really locks, I may be hooked. That comes closer to the package that I'm looking for than anything else. Wierd how I rank the value of the features I want. The Honda needs discs. Also some better fender clearance. The highlifter fender kit looks a bit odd I think. I would rather it look stock.

Old 09-21-2000, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Talking about the Fender kit for the Rubicon?

Old 09-21-2000, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What in the world kind of sense is that sentence supposed to make? What do you mean here Boner? Is it a statement, a question, an inquiry, or a direct quote from some out of body experience? You're going to have to rephrase that one buddy, cause I just didn't get it.

Old 09-21-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

>>>The Honda needs discs. Also some better fender clearance. The highlifter fender kit looks a bit odd I think. I would rather it look stock.

>>>>Talking about the Fender kit for the Rubicon?

Makes sense to me. Were you talking about the Rubicon Andy?

Old 09-22-2000, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is that what he was saying? I was thinking it was like an intro to something further, but he never finished. It didn't make sense to me. I guess thats all he was doing there was confirming what I was talking about when I said Honda and fender clearance.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Hypocrite