Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

Alright guys, I am thinking of converting to a roller secondary clutch. I know that the TEAM clutch is suppose to be the cat's meow. And, I have heard that the rollers on the Aaen don't last very long. That is about all I know about them. The Aaen is $99 and the TEAM is $280. Which one should I get and why? What makes the TEAM clutch more special than the Aaen? I know that HPD will setup the clutch to my specs. Convince me why I should spend the extra $$$ on the TEAM clutch. Also, from the setup that I have now, how much of an improvement will I see and where will I see it. Is it worth the $$$????

Old 02-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

One thing I like to do in your situation is to call each company and ask them the same question. You should expect them to prefer their own product, but they can offer insight in problems the other might have. You should expext some amount of professional courtesy. Then go with your gut after that. I bought Aaens. I like Aaen as well. To be honest I did not know Team or HPD even exsisted when I got mine so I did not have to make the chioce.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the TEAM due to the fact that it is a complete unit and not a conversion kit like the Aaen.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

BBS
I am in the same boat tryin to decide which one to get team or aaen.
Here is my take on it is the team secondary that much better than the aaen price wise. Sure the team one is prob better but can it be that much more efficent they both run on rollers so there is no friction to speak of. I like them both if money was no issue I would get a team one or two of em but when all options are weighed I think I am gonna go with the aaen one because I do not think there will be that much of a diff in performance in the two compared to dollor amounts between them. And being that aaen is a clutching god I do not think he would put an inferior product out.
This is my take on it and I think either would be great but I am always lookin for bang for the buck and think that aaen delivers more bang for the buck.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

just ordered the aaen roller today...it is not 90 dollars ..... u have to buy the PVT HOUSING .... the helixs are 90 dollars... my opinion ? the aaen is still cheaper ...even tho it is not a one piece like team... it still bolts in with harden bolts making like one unit ....mine will be here thurs.. im not sure about teams ..but i think u still buy a helix with it tooooooo. not sure tho ... just read hotseats site on team roller... you buy the helix the comperrsion ring.. the pvt part seperate ... but they will put it together at no additional charge...

Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: curb
just ordered the aaen roller today...it is not 90 dollars ..... u have to buy the PVT HOUSING .... the helixs are 90 dollars... my opinion ? the aaen is still cheaper ...even tho it is not a one piece like team... it still bolts in with harden bolts making like one unit ....mine will be here thurs.. im not sure about teams ..but i think u still buy a helix with it tooooooo. not sure tho ... just read hotseats site on team roller... you buy the helix the comperrsion ring.. the pvt part seperate ... but they will put it together at no additional charge...
So its $248? Whats the PVT housing, the part with the bearings in it?

Old 02-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

All you have to do is spend 5 mins. looking at any of the roller conversions out there. Compare that to the Team unit, and you'll be able to see for yourself the purpose built strength. There is no comparison. The Team clutch out performs and holds up to repeated abuse. On the conversions, you'll be out in the middle of the woods with a rattling broken roller. Buy the Team, and you'll never look back. If you purchase it from HPD, they do some free mods to make adj and belt maint a snap. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The straight travel sheaves also cut down on heat and belt wear....thus saving you money, and giving you more power.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

the TEAM clutch is what comes on all the EFIs 700,800 they work great.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ken is right there is no comparision, I had the hpd conversion for the stock secondary and now have the team roller secondary. The team is well built, easy belt adjustment and cuts down on clutch heat alot. There was a lot of problems breaking rollers on the conversion setup!

Old 02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

So is it secondary+spring+helix=$367.00 ?

Quick Reply: TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???