Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
BCO
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler Exhaust

Hi folks, this is my firt time on any chat room so please bear with me. I have a 2002 Scrambler 500 4x4. I have the HPD pipe, airbox, clutch kit and have rejetted it. I love the bike but I am not happy with the HPD pipe. I am a pretty aggressive rider and like to jump. As a result, the Hpd pipe has come apart twice at the front rivets. Any opinions on different pipes would be appreciated. Also, any recommendations on wether to go slip-on or full pipe kit?

Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Welcome to the forums!

Have you contacted HPD regarding this problem? I have not had any problems with my HPD pipe, with the exception of blowing some muffler packing out. Their pipe is the best performing exhaust out there. And if you were to go with a slip-on, I dont know whether or not it will fit the HPD head pipe. I would contact HPD and see if they can help you out

Old 02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
BCO
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't contacted them. I cut the turned down tip off the muffler because it stirred up so much dust, so I figured they probably would tell me to pound sand on any type of warranty. Are we talkinking about the same pipe? Mine is about 5" in diameter. It looks like they may have more than 1 style.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

it shouldnt really matter what pipe it is, if its fairly new, HPD should take care of you somehow. definitely call them and discuss it.

(umight keep that turndown part to yerself at first....)

X

Old 02-21-2005, 11:14 PM
BCO
Weekend Warrior

Are you still running the White Bros on yours?

Old 02-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BCO
Are we talkinking about the same pipe? Mine is about 5" in diameter. It looks like they may have more than 1 style.
Click on the camera under my name. You can see a picture of my scrambler with the HPD Powermaxx exhaust. Is it the same one you have? HPD should be willing to help you in some way. Its worth a shot

Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 PM
BCO
Weekend Warrior

Bigbadscrambler, nice bike! It looks like the same although it looks like yours is polished. Like i said, I ride pretty hard and like to jump. In fact, I just snapped the stock rear axle from a jump and replaced it with a Durablue. My pipe came apart where the inlet is riveted to the main body. The rivets just wore through the aluminum. I liked the performance and sound of the pipe, I'm just not sure it's built sturdy enuf.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks! Mine is polished (lots of hard work and many showers later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). I would still call HPD and see if they can recommend a fix to your problem. I am not sure whether or not another exhaust will stand up to the abuse also.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Are you still running the White Bros on yours?
yes i am, and i love it! stock head and main pipe tho.

X

Old 02-22-2005, 12:06 AM
BCO
Weekend Warrior

Scramblerxrated, I still have my stock pipe but I'm afraid I may lose power going back to the smaller diameter head pipe. Can you recommend anyone for unbiased info on this?

Quick Reply: Scrambler Exhaust