Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Love winter riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love winter riding

..........but I've had ENOUGH!!!

My buddies and I ride every Wedenesday night. A couple times this year we couldn't even go out because of two foot deep snow (although we did try [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). Last week we had about 1.5 feet of snow and although we were able to make it to our destination and back........we spent half the time winching each other out of drifts. Also, we keep getting so much frozen snow/mud/ice packed up underneath the machines it's getting to be a pain. Last week I had to keep chipping the snow/ice build-up out from around the foot brake because I couldn't get it to shift into park or high.

Normally this is all just taken in stride.........but I've had about enough and I'm definately ready for some global warming!!!

Bob

Old 03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yea bring on spring.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

I agree!!!! I'm really tired of scrapping ice of my truck to go to work... But the riding is still fun. The plowing is fun too even though I have yet to make a dime with it, I keep doing it for free... I'm not a smart businessman!!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i didn't even get any real snow this year ... I want snow!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

I love the snow...its like mudding all the time with out gettin muddy...its great...lol...but i am ready for warm weather...

Old 03-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was 60 yesterday and today we had a 2 hr delay for school went down to like 14 and had about 3 inches of snow to

Old 03-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Backinthesaddleagain

>A couple times this year we couldn't even go out because of two foot deep snow (although we did try [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). Last week we had about 1.5 >feet of snow and although we were able to make it to our destination and back........we spent half the time winching each other out of >drifts. Also, we keep getting so much frozen snow/mud/ice packed up underneath the machines it's getting to be a pain. Last week I >had to keep chipping the snow/ice build-up out from around the foot brake because I couldn't get it to shift into park or high.

I wish I had this problem. I live in South Dakota and we've had an unusually warm winter. We had a total of 14" of snow all season, all of which melted within a week after falling, and we normally average 30-50". The only real cold we had was around Christmas and the beginning of January. We've had several 50 degree days which normally we would have no 50 degree days until the end of March. This was my first winter with my ATV and plow and I couldn't enjoy the snow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

Whats better than riding in the snow is riding in the snow as it is melting. A good hour of riding in the slush will give a guy a better soaking than a afternoon in a mud hole. Last weekend it hit 59 degrees here in Mn, the fields were were pure slush, we had a blast spraying everyone. On Monday, it got back down to single digits at night with the highs in the low 20's for the week. Now everything is solid ice! I went for a trek today, it was riding on a frozen lake. The ice is as smooth as glass. Talk about whipping $hitties[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Happy spring.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Range Rover

I would have liked to have a real winter as well. I didn't get to use my sled at all except when I went out to Colorado riding. I was out wheeling on Sunday, and the warm weather was a blast though. Mud, snow, slush, ice, standing water, you name it, we found it. It was fun. But I'd trade it all for a good dumping of powder and some quality time on my Summit.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

I too was loving the snow until a few weeks ago. I was having a blast in the drifts and over the snowbanks, and I really got to try out my winch. But now, after the last 3 snowstorms in the past 9 days, we have too much snow to ride in (even to much to be insane and try). I went over one of the ten-foot snowbanks that completely surround my driveway (over them is the only way to get to the yard/trails). I landed softly in snow up to the racks. I don't think the wheels were even on the ground; they were just spinning. It took 2 hours to creatively winch myself 180* back around and then the 4 feet back to my driveway.

I'm really getting cabin fever here without being able to ride. I look forward to the snow dustings because it at least means I can use the plow. But everytime it snows, my driveway gets smaller and smaller.....

AHH!