Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

05 predator talk me into it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 predator talk me into it.

I am wanting a new kick butt 4 stroke. I have narrowed it down to the raptor or the predator. I would like to here more about the predator. Like hp and torque with a pipe. Also I really like that in your face power of the raptor.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:17 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

It's going to take a sprocket change to get the Predator, to have the torque of the Raptor. You will not find a better all around quad then the Pred. They are a Power House! You will not go wrong with the Predator. I also ride with a Raptor, he even likes the Pred better then his. Go out and ride them both and you will talk your self into the Pred.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I was considering a Raptor mainly cause my friends have Predators and I need more power. The Predator is an awesome machine. They respond real good with just a HMF slip-on and K&N. They say Raptors respond even more. I feel the Predator is much more stable but really you can't make a wrong decision with either of these two.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I am leaning more towards the predator. The handling and width is alot better. The predator is total package it seams. Only little heavy but that dont mean much to me.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

I was also planning on the HMF also even if I went with the raptor or the predator.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

yea get the pred i love the raptor 660 but i would get a pred before a raptor they look sick and have much better suspention and are more stable around corners and at high speed. Ther was a shootout in the january issue. it also said the pred is like a mile an hour faster top speed but i dont see how thats true. the pred won the shootout and they said it was quicker down the trail and had some of the best suspentoin of any sport quad avaliable. They also said it might need a small gearing change. but they also said the pred would build a big lead in the early parts of the race then lose ground because of the gearing.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

your talking about the Troy Lee predator i suppose? its great, if u get a tld pred get a diff exhasut, it makes a world of difference

Old 03-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

i had to earlier choose between the pred and the raptor, i chose the predator because the raptor would forcfully come up in every gear, u had to struggle to keep the dam thing down, the pred is much wider and will come up with a slight tug of the handlebars, has great suspension, looks like a freaken predator, has reverse, kicks but in the trail but still wins on the track, the rappy has a lil more torque, but it isnt focused right, the pred has almost the same torque but will hook up and go while the rappy will sit there and spin, my experience to u, i was in your situation and i chose the tld pred for the shocks, i love t hese shocks, easily adjustable too

my .2

Old 03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

well if you have rode both the pred and raptor you shoudn't need much talking into the preddy is a great guad but good luck!! my 2 cents

Old 03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

well my two cents,i just got it last monday,its a 04 500 predator,and i love it still not broke in yet but man that baby will run and its not broke in yet cant wait to go again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 05 predator talk me into it.