Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone use a throatmic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a throatmic?

I've been thinking about buying a throatmic system so I can talk to my buddy while we ride. I figure if we do things that way, I won't have to keep looking behind me to see how far ahead I keep getting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm only really talking about trail riding with it.

Has anyone used them and how well do they work?

Does anyone use a regular microphone with any success?

Here is a link to the system I was specifically thinking about.

http://www.clearercom.com/motorcycle_headset.htm

Thanks,

Mike

Old 03-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a throatmic?

i do,

i have a set of motorola frs radios, with the firefox throat mic setup. they werk pretty good when you have them postioned right on your neck. trail riding and such and make them move around so you kinda need to pay attention to them. i especially like the PTT button that came with them. you can velcro it to your handlebars, so it make it easier to communicate.

communications on the trails is really nice, especially when you have a group of people that might split off. its nice to stay in touch, in case someone gets hurt or lost.

that link you posted looks like a nice set. i like the double ear peices and the double transponders. i think those would work really well. just a little on the pricey side tho.

X