Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Almost great day at the cliffs offroad.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005 | 07:21 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Almost great day at the cliffs offroad.

Everything was going great until I decided to go up Cooters path, about 3/4 of the way up my quad stopped moving and the tires were not turning? I hesitated for a second and then looked back to see white smoke everywere. I managed to get it up the rest of the trail, but I think my belt is shot. I rode the rest of the day and there was definatly something wrong.

about an hour later the guy I went ridding with noticed steam comming from his z400, upon inspection we found the bracket for the front plastic came lose and went through his radiator. So we decided to call it a day. We were at the back of the place on trail 13. There is a deep ravine with steep sides and he gets stuck at the bottom(Man I love my scrammy, 4x4). He tries 3 times to get up the incline before he fliped it. Then it wouldnt start as it was too hot. I drove back and got the tow rope and was thinking my belt is already bad and I was going to end up at the bottom with him because my belt broke all the way through. But when I got back his quad had cooled down and would start so we tried it again except I pulled by hand to keep him from flipping and he got out.

On the way back to the lot, I managed to get hooked up on a large log and went to lift the front off and there went my back.

Atleast it all happened at the end of the day.

People can say anything they want about a scrammbler but there is no other quad that can drive like a sport, and mud like a utility.

So now to get a new belt. I see that many people recomend the napa belts dayco max2 ect... will this do damage to my clutch or are they about the same ware on the clutch as a polaris?

Old 03-21-2005 | 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I take it you don't have a winch on the scrammy huh? sounds like it would be a good investment. you could even get a cheap one from harbor freight and mount it on the front of your atv. don't know much about the different belts but hear of alot of guys switching to the dayco belts.

Old 03-21-2005 | 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think it would be nice to have LOW range on a Scrammy. then you wouldn't fry any belts!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2005 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Dam i wish i was out riding with you!

Did u take any pics?

Old 03-21-2005 | 09:56 PM
|
Pro Rider

No pics, sorry. I don't think I need a winch, lol just need my buddy to get a scrammy! then I wouldn't have to keep helping him get out when ever there is any mud.

I was going to post about going this weekend, but I took apart my quad to put the new parts(HPD airbox mod W/new jets, HPD clutch kit) I ordered from RCR on, but they never came so I decided not to go(didn't want to reassemble it for one days riding). My buddy came over sat. night and we had a few beers and we decided to put it back together and go riding, by the time I had it back together it was past 10pm so I never asked if anyone here was going.

chris, Did you get a membership this year?

Old 03-21-2005 | 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

My membership is still good til april or may /// i will renew!! I just love riding there!

Old 03-21-2005 | 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

I was at Cliff's on saturday. That place is very good. Let me know I am ready to ride anytime. We will have to get together and ride sometime

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:52 PM
|
Pro Rider

I'll be sure and post before I go next time! prob, be 2-3 weeks from now!

Old 03-22-2005 | 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ive been dying to check that place out let me know when you guys are gonna hook up again over there I need to break this bad boy in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005 | 11:19 PM
|
Pro Rider

Will Do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Almost great day at the cliffs offroad.