Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pictures of new lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of new lights

Got my new halogen driving lights installed. Got them at NAPA auto, they were around 22 dollars. They look good, and since the pictures were taken, I have routed the wires through holes I drilled in the bumper so it all looks neat and clean. I also put some epoxy on the back of the lights where the wires go in to seal them up.

They came with an indoor-use switch, so I just left it hanging out of the pod for now. I am going to look at radioshack later. Any suggestions for a nice matching lighted switch that anyone has tried?

I got the idea for the lights from TreeDoc, his looked good so I got some too. I like his round ones better, though.

The pics still have to be approved.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ya, it takes a little bit to get approved.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Huh... my camera's gone. Does it go away when you are waiting for new pics to approve?

Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yup, the icon wont come back until the pics are apporved. it sucks dont it.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

lol yeah, I'll have to stare at some other pictures of my atv for awhile...

Old 03-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I put new driving/fog lights on my machine also....:

PIAA

Ok, so they are on my KLR650....I've moved then since I put them on, just to allow more clearance from the fender and change the hardware...notice on put two bolts/nuts in one way and the others in another way....

I also put in a relay/fuse panel, hidden behind the plastic:

Relay/Fuse Panel

still have to mount my Cepek lights on my Sportsman, maybe I'll do that this weekend....

dave

Old 03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Nice looking lights, Dave. But I am guessing they were a little more than twenty bucks?

I have a feeling mine won't last through the summer. I don't know how many dunkings they will take in the mud, they are mounted t a few inches below the regular lowbeams.

Those lights took me 10 hours to install. The wiring was about one, and drilling through the steel brushguard with a cordless screwdriver was the other 9. Took me 5 charges to do it with the dull bit I had. That's determination!

Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Nice lights tyler711. I want to put some on my scrambler but how long will they last once you go through a deep mud hole. That is my only concern with putting some on mine.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah... I think that any decent atv light like Warn's trail lights would hold up great, but the cheap ones I got are for making your honda look "cool". But they are just lights, what damage could water do? As long as I check to see if they are corroding inside, I dont see what could go wrong. Like the Chinese flashlights we used to use underwater. You could use them until they filled up, then we'd drain them and use them again when they were dry.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Your pics are up, looks good. The PIAA lights are the 35W Solitaire's, bought them on ebay for $19.99 + shipping. Gotta love ebay.

I hate dull drill bits. The biggest part of my install was running wires. I'm alittle redundant on the wiring, I have two relays....the panel I installed runs the lights and the lights of course came with their own relay. I'll probably be the relay out at some point and just use the one I installed. My wiring is purely run in my relay/fuse panel.

I also built a dash panel in front of the instruments, and attached to the windshield mounting hardware. I can fit all my switches on there. The next mod is a lighter outlet for my GPS. Probably heated grips also. I have two more spare slots in the fuse panel. The first slot was taken up by my radiator fan fuse. Kawasaki runs a separate fuse that I found under the plastic, so I cut it off and wired it in to my fuse panel. It was a 10 amp fuse, so I put in the flat type 10 amp fuse, much easier to change and easier to carry just one type of fuse.

Take some pics of your lights during daylight so we can see what they look like. The PIAA lights on my KLR work great for the extra lighting needed on a motorcycle...

dave

Quick Reply: Pictures of new lights