Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS WEAK FRONT END

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS WEEK FRONT END

I'm starting to get a little frustrated and annoyed by all these guys I go riding with. I own a 2004 sportsman 400 (1200 miles). They never let up on how my bike's not realiable and how it' going to let me down BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!. I've towed or have seen everyone of these guys towed at one time or another. the list of break downs have occured to a 2005 750 Kawasaki ,2004 700 Kawasaki. 2004 650 Kawasaki. 2003 350 ES Honda and a 2000 600 Yamaha and a 2005 360 Kawasaki. They all break and I expect to break down also. But why such a lack of respect for the Polaris Sportman ? Had a guy tell me last week the front end on my bike is week ? It's the same guy I had to winch up a hill ,the same hill I just conquered on my own.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default POLARIS WEAK FRONT END

Sounds to me that they are envious of you and your ride. "Jealousy is not an enviable trait" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris did get a bad rap for dependability in the early 90's, and a lot of people are still stuck on it. I would just start documenting all the other problems in the group and down the road show it to them.

I was told that Polaris started using a similar manufacturing technique as Honda a few years ago and that most of the problems have been worked out. I have an 04 sportsman and an 03 magnum which have been remarkable. (knock on wood)... Your 400 may not get there as fast as a 650 Kawi, but you will get there, and in comfort as well.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I used to get that from my rideing/hunting buddy he has a 660 grizzly well over the last year most of the guys we ride with have went to polaris too 700efi's and a 600sp.This past weekend he told me hes trying to get a good trade in on his 660 for a new 800.Man thats going to suck.We had so much fun slaming eachother.Now im going to have to hear how his 800 is so much better then my 700.O well.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Most those guys have no idea what they are talking about. Like was already said, polaris maybe got a little of a rep on a few models in the ealry 90's but that is long and gone. Polaris is just as or more reliable than anything out there as long as everything is maintained. And that goes for whatever brand you drive. I am not bias to any one Brand and people who are, especially when they don't keep there mouth shut about things they don't even know, tick me off so bad. Don't get discouraged though, your not the only one who deals with that crap. Theres at least one in every group.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ride with pride bro!

Polaris Rules!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

i do think the front end of my scrammy is weak. last summer i hit a small tree with the left front tire at no more than 15 mph. as a result I bent the a-arm really bad and the little drive shaft that goes into the hub which just for that shaft was $250.00 the a-arm was $80.00 I bent all this and it did nothing to the rim dont you think theres somthing wrong here i think my front end is weak as f***

Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yea I did the same thing to my front right, hit tree comming out of a corner(left tire caught and it jumped to the right) and hit it on the right side and did nothing to rim and tire or a-arm, but the whole front end of frame is shifted and the front drive shaft has a little bend to it. If you look down at the front of mine, the right side tire is about 4 inches back from the left. When I looked at the bottom, the skid plate does not line up with front end. Anyone know if they can straighten out an ATV frame? If not it rides fine, and there seems to be no problems other than apperance from above.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one getting this attitude towards my ride. I'm not brand specific either. When I went to buy my first bike I had a certain dollar amount in mind and I looked at them all and it came down to a Honda and a Polaris in the 400 size. After looking them over for a couple more days I took the Polaris because it suited my driving area and it was more technologically advanced at the time. The Forman that I was considering was the same bike my buddy had bought back in 1998,it had not changed any.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Range Rover

WOW...HIt small trees at 15 mph and bent front end...LMFAO!!!
I have Not hit small trees (LMAO) at 15 and the integrity of my front end seems to be fine.
Maybe you should try NOT to hit small trees!
Here's something for you to think about....If small trees damage your front end PLEASE DONT HIT BIG TREES CAUSE IT MAY KILL YOU AND YOUR TIRE STILL MAY NOT GO FLAT.....LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: POLARIS WEAK FRONT END