Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

driven clutch problems????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driven clutch problems????

on my 2000 500 4x4 scrambler the driven clutch has ripped the inner bushing out twice and then busted
the three buttons and wouldn't open the secondary.anybody know whats doing this?
william

Old 04-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey William it looks like it is time to get a TEAM roller secondary.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What does the ramps on the helix look like?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Do you ride in alot of rough terrain? The stock polaris sec. clutches won't hold up to the rough conditions the buttons are the first thing to wear out. A Team roller clutch will elimainate all of you problems and worries you will even pick up some performance gains as well. They do cost a bit but in the long run they are worth ever cent.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

First off for Brad the helix ramps look perfect cleaned them up with acetone and checked to see if there was any burs or groves in it and it is fine.Now for Jeremy I do alot of road and trail riding but we like going out and doing wheelies,burn outs!!!!most of are trails are old rail beds with the tracks removed .We do alot of top end racing but my 500 will beat them all off the line 4-5 lenghs and then they go by me like i'm stoped. I used to be able to pull up beside the 650's and 660's and 700's and pull away
can't even touch them now.My driven is stock and my primary has the same set up FtwFlh has in his.The
the way it pulls right from the start ,mid,and then it just seems to hit a dead spot tach is showing 6800
but doesn't seem te be pulling after 50 mph.is this something wrong with my secondary doing this?
I tried springs in the primary white,green,dalton black/white great take off and mid no top end.It's starting to **** me off i feel like burning it. My 99 tb 250 has never let me down thank god .

on my 500 i just put new tires original sizes Gators they are the best mud tire,157.5 main,pilot set at 1.5 turns,k&n filter,new cam stock,stock exaust buctherd,complete front rear end rebuild pin came out busted housing. what will a team roller cost me complete im from Canada so the exchange is a killer then they add tax on top of that.

William

Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

If you are still running the "butchered"muffler I would think about going to a WB or FMF that should get you the topend.With the TEAM you will get smooth action and gain all around.Not sure what the exchange rate would be on one.With mine setup like it is I get close 65 mph.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Somthing doesn't seem right we don't want to put new parts on until we find out whats wrong here, are you buttons mashed, cracked, or just wore out? Did the problems happen suddenly or did you slowly lose performance over time? If your macihne is stock you probalby don't want to spin it over 6600 rpm, how many miles do you have on this machine and have you ever replaced any of the cluthc parts on it before? Have you buttons been broke both times? I think the buttons are wearing/breaking first, then you are seeing the problem with the inner bushing. The team clutch for that model retails for 195.00 the helix is 69.00 and the sec. spring is 24.95 if you do decide to order it we wil assemble it for free as well.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Quad Patrol

One other thing that comes to mind is how old is your belt?And are there any grooves in the sheaves?If you were close I would get it done for you.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry guys didn't get back to you sooner,me and my buddy went to get a load of used tires for his work
and just got back this moring.First for brad i put a brand new polaris belt on before this happened and the sheaves look fine and when i run my hand over them they feel good.Jeremy the buttons were new about 500 miles ago.I put a polaris drive clutch kit in and new bushings in about 100 miles ago and put both bushings in driven same time ,did not touch buttons at time they looked fine.and it's been working good and then the inside bushing in the driven came out and binded up in side,so i took it apart and put in a new one,drove it 40 miles then buttons busted all to pieces,replaced them and went 20 miles bushing came out again ,but when took it apart both clutches were alot hotter than normal. I have a polaris roller secondary but scared to put it on in case something breaks.would i have a belt out of line do this?i have 3 belts all new polaris,dayco,and polaris ebs off 700 tried them all no difference in performance.the buttons have only broke once. William

Old 04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

If anyboby else has any idea what is happen to the clutch feel free to post your comment .

Old 04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Your belt alignment would have to be way off. I havn't heard of the inner bushing going out before the buttons do though maybe the tolerances on the bushing and or you sec. cluthc shaft were off but that's a guess. I pretty sure if you go with a team sec. you will not have any problems at all, but It would be nice to find out what's going on with your stk. clutch we normaly only see problems when riders are in rough terrain and or the buttons go bad first.

Quick Reply: driven clutch problems????