Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

salesmen SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without bragging,its hard to find a salesman that knows their ATV product more than myself.I'll go into a dealership damn well knowing the answer to the questions im about to ask,just to see how much BS the salesman will give me.

I knew about the Rubicon before ANYONE at the dealership even knew it existed.I've had Yamaha dealers tell me the Grizz was true 4x4.I've had parts counter people sell me the wrong lube for gearcases before.I could go on and on, but you get my point.I dont have very much confidence in sales people.
Bill

Old 10-05-2000, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW never expected so much responce to this was just mad when I posted it.But from the responces you see there are all kinds some that can't do enough and really go out of thier way and the others that don't know JACK $hit.I like to deal with someone like CHOPPER BILL that knows what he is talking about or will spend the time to find out what you need.I know from experience that as I say you make someone happy they'll tell thier friends but PI$$ them off and they'll tell everyone.I have the one dealer fairly close to me thats the biggest in COLORADO and I'd drive to CHEYENE WYO(50 miles north) to keep from spending a dime at thier place.CM

Old 10-05-2000, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

The guy who sold me my 2 latest quads was good at selling. He knew what I wanted and sold it to me.

It wasn't very hard, I walked in with a page-long list of mods and aftermarket items when I bought the Scrambler. He could have made about 2500$ more, but did not know what most of the mods were that I wanted...no biggie, I called HPD and Aaen.

Service and knowledge are essential!

Old 10-06-2000, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

Not to put you on the spot CHICKENman, but aren't you and ChopperBill both from Greeley? And you still go up to Cheyenne?

Old 10-06-2000, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

JA no problem I said "that I would drive to Cheyene",If Bill didn't have what I want I'd rather drive to WYO or even DENVER or BOULDER than give EXTREME my bussines.Besides Bill doesn't handle Snowmobiles so have to use other dealer for that anyway.CM

Old 10-06-2000, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

My salesman talked me into getting a 500 Magnum for my wife, but after we did the Paiute Trail we are going to sell it and get a Sportsman. Boy did he steer me wrong. Whoops! That was me! (Thanks for the complement anyway CHICKENman, stop for a pop on the way to Cheyenne )

Old 10-28-2000, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Only about a month late, but I am pretty much decided on the Snapper. It has a Kohler 18 HP engine.

Old 10-28-2000, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with what you are saying. There are two types of people in sales. First you have your sales guy, this is the guy you have been describing on all these post. Secondly you have sales professionals, these guys would give you everything you want. The problem is that these guys are not going to work for nothing. Next time you want to buy something and you shop the price at six different stores and the dealership makes two or three hundred dollars, think about this post. Just a thought for next time, don't let price be your only reason to buy. REWARD YOUR SALES PRO BY PAYING A FEW MORE BUCKS. YOU WILL BE HAPPIER IN THE END.

Have a great day, I love this forum.

Old 10-30-2000, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine likes the snapper also, I understand it has a single joystick instead of 2 control levers. I bought the Lazer Z, All it took for me to decide was a demo. I mowed about 3 acres in just over an hour. Then I put my wife on it & she was able to operate it with no problems (that was the real deciding factor, nothing like a little help in the mowing dept.) I almost can't wait for spring to start mowing with it. I certainly think now is the right time to make a deal on one though. If you can find one left on a showroom floor, you should be able to discount it by 15-20%. Let me know how you do. Lance

Old 10-30-2000, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, when I got my Trail Blazer, I didn't know anything about ATVs, and some time later when I started paying attention to other models, I saw the Trail Boss and that it was also 250cc like the Trail Blazer.

I asked the salesman what the difference was between the two, and his only answer was, "The Trail Blazer is sporty, and the Trail Boss is more utility oriented." He didn't tell me about the Trail Boss being 4 stroke or anything like that! Just the one is sporty and the other one is utility, as if it's a technical difference in the engine or something.

Quick Reply: salesmen SUCK