Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler Reverse Wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler Reverse Wheelie

does anybody do them? ive tried them but i have ended up nailing my "package" on the bar clamps a few times..but its came up..i think it'd be sweet..of course there's just the fear of goin over frontwords...that would definently suck..the times ive tried have been on pavement as well so its came up...So is it hard to do and get good at? and have u ever gone over frontwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

shes a nice bike there mate but i cant do them and never head about it neither get a pic of u trying to do it so i can se what it is

Old 05-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Range Rover

You see quite a few people doing these in clay bottom ponds that offer good traction, and extra flotation.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

last time i tried it, it came up just fine, but the front wheels want to turn real easy, and it tuned really sharp and i flipped off, and the quad rolled on top of me... bent the bars and headlights etc.....

so just hang on tight if yer gonna do it. it can get ugly REAL quick.

i have even heard of guys taking 2 straps and securing the handlebars to the front bumper to keep them from turning....

its a dangerous trick,,,, i prolly wont be attempting it again anytime soon.

X

Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I’ve tried them a couple of times on dry pavement and got the back wheels off the ground but that’s it. It feels like I’m going to flip over the bars, so I chicken out immediately. Plus I’m getting smarter the older I get so I haven’t tried it in a while.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I don't get it , why would you even want to do that ?

It sounds like an easy way to get hurt , or tear up your quad . I am sure that the front hubs and drive line really like it too . :-)

If my 19 year old attempted something like that the quad would be parked for a long time .

Rick Ritter

Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

seems like a good way to break your back. If you flip it you are going to try and catch yourself and if your feet gets caught up, that 600lb quad may be coming down on your arched back. Doesnt seem worth it to me!

Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

Rick I cant believe u still pay for ur 19 y.o to ride, how long before u make him buy his own

Old 05-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I never said anything about who owns the quad . It makes no difference if he or I do . Even though he is 19 (a legal adult ) and if he OWNS the quad , if he does dumb stuff I put the brakes on .

That being said , he hasn't attempted any reverse wheelies , I would like to think he knows better .

Harda$$ dad ain't I ????? :-)

Rick

Old 05-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've done it once or twice...not very high though....just enough to get the back off the bground....

it is VERY dangourus....try it with a light quad and make sure you have a helmet on for gods sake! lol Yes I am young and dumb (19) and will try just about anythin once....and then try to perfect it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Scrambler Reverse Wheelie