Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator good news!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator good news!!

my buddy just put on rath racing arms, extended rath 4/110 hubs, and had rath racing redo his shocks using pep parts to make them zps triple rates front and rear(not sure if they are long travel), a pure polaris pipe, and 8 in turf tamers. holy crap the quad went from 0 to hero. the thing rips and is super smooth on the track. it lost all of it's tippiness and rear end swap off of jumps. i don't know what worked hondas and yzf's feel like, but his quad is smooth. he is going to email me some pics. i'll post them when i get them.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

Hey, so hows your Predator run on the trails?
My brother has an '04 Troy Lee Pred. We did some trail riding this weekend, him on his Pred and me on my '05 450 Kodiak. I had no problem keeping up with him the whole time and after my Kodiak sticking to his rear bumper like glue all day long, I dont think my bro is very pleased with his Pred.
I thought that the Predator would leave me in the dust but to my surprise, it didnt. In fact, I could always catch up to him in the corners and at the end of the straights.
I did notice the his Pred seemed a little tippy in the corners. It would frequently have the inside rear tire tipped up on edge in the corners.
According to my bro, he was topped-out. I cant believe that he was in 5th gear topped-out, because the highest speed I saw was 60 mph. I thought Predators would do 80 mph. He hasnt ridden his Predator much. Id say it probably has less than 5 hours running time on the engine (he doesnt ride it much). I kind of hoping that once the engine gets more time on it that it will loosen up a little bit and gain some speed. I cant see how a 500cc, 410 pound Predator wouldnt be able to leave a 421cc, 590 pounds Kodiak in the dust.
His is completely stock except for a Pure Polaris muffler.
Any ideas?
Cap'n

Old 05-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thats good to hear. Last week one of my buds rode his new tld and its ovbious the suspension is crap from the factory. We tried every setting and it still would take the rough stuff. I think a revalve and lighter springs should do the trick. I love the front end .

Old 05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If thats all you say was 60mph on the pred then your brother does not know how to ride. If thats all they can do there would be alot of pi$$ed off people hare but I can bet it is rider error. The pred will easily smoke your kodiak. You say it seemed a little tippy? Again rider error. He is not leaning into the turns like he is supposed to. NO way in he!! a 450 ute is going to even come close to a 500 sport. MAybe your brother is afraid of the power and is shifting too soon.

Old 05-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

I will agree with 2manytoys. A friend of mine has a 04 Pred. We paced him on the highway doing just shy of 90mph. With his at 50 he can hammer it and ride a wheelie. You're brother obviously either isnt using all the gears or is just not ready to handle the power that these machines have.