Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New to "THe way Out"

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to "THe way Out"

Well Ive done it...Ive owned only Honda"s for 35 years..With the ATV"s getting bigger and better I might add my brand loyalty has changed.
I bought a 660 Grizzly in may of 2005 kept it 2 weeks and realized real quick that Id paid 7000.00 for a very cheap and ill handling atv..
tHE 500 RUBICON was the only honda that catches my interest but with no independent suspension was not to my liking and the ones that were
reminded me all too much of the grizzly..So I done it..I bought a 2005 700EFI and a week later bought another ..a 800EFI camo..
I had been one of the nay sayers of polaris for years to only realize that while Hondaand yamaha rested on there laurels Polaris kept on diggin
and getting better..My son and I have never been more and completely satisfied with a ATV as we are now.The 800 is simply a beast..the 700
is as sweet a ride as they come...my only concerns are what kind of mileage can I expect out of a tank of gas on these ATV"s after the break in period.
we have less than a 100 miles on theses at the present time...

2005 700 EFI
aluminum wheels
800 EFI
aluminum wheels
rear bumper hand gaurds
front brush gaurd

Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Congrats on your new ride.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

enjoy, welcome to the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Perky,

I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I've owned mostly Honda's for well over 20 years (ATV's and motorcycles). My most recent Honda was a new 2003 Rubicon. Now don't get me wrong, the Rubi is a darn good machine where dependibility is paramount, excellent resale value and a tranny that is second to none (IMO) however, I quickly found out that there's allot more to an ATV then a tranny and a "name". After a full day of riding with the guys (trading quads every now and again), I felt as though my Rubi rode like a friggan TANK compared to the Polaris. I was constantly winched out of holes where the Polaris' would go through without effort (3 wheel vrs. 4 whheel drive). After carefull consideration, I traded in my Rubi for a 2004.5 500 HO last Sept. Due to all the improvements to the 2005 models, I traded in the 2004 for a 2005 500 HO "LE"............. No offense to the Honda lovers, but take it from a guy who has been there, the Rubi can't even come CLOSE to comparing with the Polaris !!

Old 06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Ride safe and enjoy the great outdoors! As far as the mileage on the 800, I have seen figures of 40miles from really hammering the gas to 65miles just cruising. I know the 700 gets better gas mileage, but I am not sure how much more it will go on a tank of gas.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Congrats on your new sportsmen. I'm glad to hear you are as happy as I am with mine.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Perk congrats on the pruchase....... I myself finally took delivery of my 800. I was able to go up and pick it up last Sat. And took it out on its first tour on Sunday. Mind you I only put 40miles on it,I had to come in and play baseball that night,or I would of stayed out alot more. But my first overall impressions is WOW. Amazing bike. Soaks up bumps and so on like nothing,and tons of power... I love it. I did take some pictures of it and the plow on it when I got it home,Just need to get the roll developed and scan them in for all to see. Supposed to put some more miles on it this weekend,LOoking forward to it greatly... Hope you enjoy your bikes as much as I am mine so far...