Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV Logic soft rack bags suck suck suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Logic soft rack bags suck suck suck

I purchased my first atvlogic contoured deluxe rack bag and originally liked it alot due to the extra storage and the two insulated coolers on the contoured sections but after two rides the rear straps broke off of the bag, I called and got a return number from quicktech/atv logic but had to pay shipping to ship the bag back to them. I shipped the bag to them on May 9th using UPS and then to find they didn't ship the replacement until May 20th and when I finally got the package I opened the box to find they shipped the wrong model bag. I called and they shipped the correct bag overnight so that I would have the bag for our memorial weekend trip up north which I appreciated even though they should have shipped the correct bag in the first place in a quicker amount of time. The new bags rear straps tore off within the first hour of riding with my wife at Bull Gap in Mio, Michigan so I had to use a linch strap to hold the rear of the bag down which worked for the rest of the day. the next day I was riding with Jimmypsp700 and Kodiak Attack and the bag ripped above the zipper big enough for my lantern style flashlight and my 12volt air compressor to fly out of the bag. I am so unhappy with the soft bag that I am giving up on them and am going to buy a hard storage box to keep on the rear. I called atv logic and they said they couldn't refund my money for the bag but they are shipping me a new bag but I don't think I am going to even try using it. I highly recommend anyone looking to buy a storage bag/box to stick with a hard box because the soft bags are a waste of money and time and the quality of the ATV Logic brand bags is awefull.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, they are not made for the hard ridin that we do Dave, specailly over those whoops.

My Tusk bag held up for 4 rides and one strap ripped out.
Overall, for the money, I would say its a good buy, just a basic rack bag but does the job.

I would recemend extra straps over the top to hold them down better, maybe a web style cargo strap/bungie.

Jim

Old 06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

good to Know I was thinking about them for my bike ...but not now....Thanks

Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

I just purchased a soft bag for my front rack but I'm going to do like Jim said and strap it down with extra bungee cords. I have a rear cargo box that is bolted on with u-bolts and the thing does not move at all and it's lockable. I too considered a soft bag for the rear but I'm very pleased with the box and it allows for a nice backrest when stopped. You can see pictures of it in my gallery. Sorry to hear about the problems with your bag.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

I like having the storage and love the insulated coolers because I keep my water in the right cooler and my camera, phone and truck keys etc in the left one which is real convenient. If I would have had a few bungees or a couple of linch/tie down straps holding the bag down also the damage may not have occured but for the money spent on the bag It is upsetting, if the companies making these softbags would just put a reinforcement patch on the bag to sew the straps to they may last longer as well but instead they just sew the straps right to the bag material or if they would put 4-6 straps on the rear to hold the bag down that may help also. what doesn't make sense is that they put four straps on the front of the bag but only two on the rear, why on earth would you only put two straps on the rear of a storage bag. the bag worked great for my trip to Hatfield McCoy in WV but there weren't very many whoops like Bull Gap or the Meadows so that my have been why the bag lasted for that trip. point is that If I would have just spent the extra money in the first place I would have been happier in the longrun.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you're interested in selling the replacement, let me know.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

The brand walmart sells are pretty good stuff...It"s in a red box but i forget the brand name..I havr a rear rack bag ive had for 2 years and a soft cooler..there fantastic..

Old 06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
If you're interested in selling the replacement, let me know.
what are you willing to give for the bag, I may put it on ebay unless I can sell it sooner.

Old 06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

I've had Polaris soft bags on my Scrambler for over a year & never had any of those problems.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

i have atv logic bag on rear rack and it has about 8 straps holding it on. think i tore one off first time i installed but the other 7 holding it on fine for 2 summers now.

Quick Reply: ATV Logic soft rack bags suck suck suck