Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2006 Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Predator?

well it was makeing a weird noise, like metal grinding against metal, i knew it wasnt the engine or anything. so i diagnosed that there was something grinding real bad inside the tranny. a new transmition was of course a worst case scenario, but i saw it coming. turns out a few bolts came loose and popped off on the heat sheilds on the exhaust and it was rattleing for ****. i got some new bolts and put them in and torqued them down real tight. problem solved. the only problem now is that i feel like an F'ing idiot for over looking something so simple. lol. i guess we all have our moments.

Old 06-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

Originally posted by: spyder6
well it was makeing a weird noise, like metal grinding against metal, i knew it wasnt the engine or anything. so i diagnosed that there was something grinding real bad inside the tranny. a new transmition was of course a worst case scenario, but i saw it coming. turns out a few bolts came loose and popped off on the heat sheilds on the exhaust and it was rattleing for ****. i got some new bolts and put them in and torqued them down real tight. problem solved. the only problem now is that i feel like an F'ing idiot for over looking something so simple. lol. i guess we all have our moments.
Glad you got it fixed. We all feel like idiots when we overlook stuff. You aren't alone.

We will be at Buck's Run tomorrow (Saturday) from 9:30am to 1:30 or so. If you come out, look for an 05 Predator, 05 SP700EFI, and an 05 KTM300 riding together.

My name is Eric.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

some nice new toys i see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

some nice new toys i see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Great new toys! Bad day though. Nathan, my son, came around a blind turn on the trail and hit a log with his left wheel which through him right into a tree. The A-arm bent and snaped, the tie rod bent, the axle poped out, and I am sure there is more damage once we get in to it. This on a Sportsman that is a wopping 4 days old.

Oh...and he is a bit beat up and will live. That is unless I kill him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

sounds like he was really gunning it, lesson learned, as my dad always did to me, scare the Fing crap out of him with threats, fix it, and have him do about 4 hours of manual labor. then afterwards raz him about it.

it sounds like a pure accident from my standpoint, these things are tough, i doubt theres much anythign else wrong with it, if anything, sue bucks run! LOL

and i must ask as my cocky side of me takes over, is your kid good at riding or is he still a newbie as we like to call them? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

off topic here, how do you like bucks run? i see through their website that its a fairly plain place, good trails and size?

Old 06-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Range Rover
Default 2006 Predator?

mmm im gonna have to say your mistaken, i have the issue of dirtwheels right here and the preditor deffenetly beat the raptor in everything but 5th gear.
What DirtWheels issue is that? I have the ATV Rider mag where they compared them, and the Raptor smoked the Pred in every test. I would like to see the DirtWheels test to see whats different. I know I used to smoke Predators on my Stock Rappy all day long but I just thought, well of course, 160cc's more will do that. I dont think the 2 should be compared though, the Raptor is an Open Class sport bike where the Predator is more comparable to the YFZ450 or 450EX and I know that the YFZ will eat Predators, not sure about the EX though. Maybe thats why nobody compares them.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:47 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

Originally posted by: oondaddy
mmm im gonna have to say your mistaken, i have the issue of dirtwheels right here and the preditor deffenetly beat the raptor in everything but 5th gear.
What DirtWheels issue is that? I have the ATV Rider mag where they compared them, and the Raptor smoked the Pred in every test. I would like to see the DirtWheels test to see whats different. I know I used to smoke Predators on my Stock Rappy all day long but I just thought, well of course, 160cc's more will do that. I dont think the 2 should be compared though, the Raptor is an Open Class sport bike where the Predator is more comparable to the YFZ450 or 450EX and I know that the YFZ will eat Predators, not sure about the EX though. Maybe thats why nobody compares them.

I think the only thing you smoke is crack! The Raptor & the YFZ does not smoke the Pred. And it's a TRX450R not a 450EX. That right there shows how much you know.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

Originally posted by: RAJ
Originally posted by: oondaddy

I think the only thing you smoke is crack! The Raptor & the YFZ does not smoke the Pred. And it's a TRX450R not a 450EX. That right there shows how much you know.

YOU TELL HIM SISTER!

ahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah lol

as my good freind trailblazer250guy put it "TwoStrokeTwin350: polaris or die"

Old 06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

Issue January 2005 $5.50 "SHOOTOUT! Predator VS. Raptor: Epic Fight For Best Trail Quad"

Old 06-20-2005, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Predator?

sounds like he was really gunning it, lesson learned, as my dad always did to me, scare the Fing crap out of him with threats, fix it, and have him do about 4 hours of manual labor. then afterwards raz him about it.

it sounds like a pure accident from my standpoint, these things are tough, i doubt theres much anythign else wrong with it, if anything, sue bucks run! LOL

and i must ask as my cocky side of me takes over, is your kid good at riding or is he still a newbie as we like to call them? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

off topic here, how do you like bucks run? i see through their website that its a fairly plain place, good trails and size?

4 hours?? Try 24! LOL

It was an accident. But, he is a newbie. I was riding with my neighbor (KTM 300 MX). We scream on ahead and then wait for the utility quads. He was riding faster than his ability trying too hard to keep up.

Buck's Run has 270 acres with all kinds of trails. There are som very steep hills that are a blast to climb, creek bed with varying water depth (0" to 28"), technical trails, wide open, tight, mud. There is something for everyone. They also have a new ATV track to go along with the MX track. THe ATV track is very rough and will take a little time to wear in. The jumps are strait up and down!!

The best thing about it is that it is close. Probably 20-25 minutes from you.

Quick Reply: 2006 Predator?