Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler Mods

I would definately buy the same quad. I would get a used one instead of a new one next time. If you plan on spending 6,000 for a quad you can buy a nice used one around 3,500-4,000 and then dump in 2,000 worth of mods and have a sweet ride. Instead I bought new as I didn't plan on putting as much into it as I did. But after I felt the difference just a primary spring could make I was hooked. Now I am saving for that team roller secondary, unless the 06' has one and a 600 efi than I may sell my scrammy or give it to the wife and buy a new one again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Which will put me right back at square one with buying more upgrades for that quad lol.

To bad they don't come out with 2 models, oem and modified. They could use all the parts we always upgrade and just build it with the parts allready installed and charge a little extra. It should still be alot cheaper than buying all the mods individualy and installing them and having all the extra stock parts. Maybe they can't because of EPA laws, but couldn't HPD sell them as does places like choo choo customs(spelling), they buy trucks directly from the factory and then add in the custom parts and you buy it as a new vehicle with no miles, but it has the mods allready done. They could order partialy complete quads from polaris for dealer prices, add the parts that are missing(clutches, roller secondary, modded airbox, pipe, piston ect..) and seel it like a dealer and make up the difference in the sale.

I would definately pay 6,500 for an HPD scrambler already modded as opposed to 6000 for an oem from a dealership. Hpd makes money, polaris sells a quad, and we save money because we dont have to put 1,000s into it to mod it year after year.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Range Rover
Default Scrambler Mods

96 scrambler 400
HPD power max cylinder
hpd power max head
44mm electron carb
alky fuel pump
custom billet intake
cpi drag pipe
frame lightened by AZ BAD BOYZ
renthal bars
7mm stroker crank
cases welded and reinforced so they won't brake
custom 87mm wiseco piston
custom billet dome for coolhead made for the stroker
AZ BAD BOYZ front +1 1/2 forward a arms
aluminum front a arm pivit shafts
AZ BAD BOYZ 8 over swingarm
custom chain roller
Exhaust tech temp gauge/tach
coolant temp gauge
hpd billet thottle assembly
braded stainless thottle cable
front strut housings cut 4 1/2" to take marvin's
front marvin shaw struts
rear marvin shaw shock
front hubs lightened by az bad boyz
revers removed
custom fiberglass fenders front and rear
front bumper cut and powder coated
frame powder coated
custom made seat cover
billet gas cap
rear wheel studs lightened by AZ BAD BOYZ
Front triple buff tires
rear triple buff 10 paddle haulers
dalton rear helex
modified front drive clutch
AZ BAD BOYZ torque plate
starter eliminator
2"x4" 12 volt battery
rear brakes only

Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scrambler Mods

In my sig. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Scrambler Mods

Damn, I think dailyrider might have the most custom scrambler right now....

Old 06-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scrambler Mods

Originally posted by: mngoat
wow, some of you guys have some nice rides. I've just made mine into a mud machine with an aaen stage 5 kit, 29.5 laws, lift kit, front spacers, explorer tranny with sportsman 6x6 gearing in it, gorilla axles.

Mngoat.
I love those tires I bet you turn lots of heads when you ride

Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Scrambler Mods

I'd do it all over agin. my only regret is I don't have two. I'd like to have a new 500 also so I could see the difference mods make with a 2-stroke as compared with a four-stroke it would be cool to do a side by side shootout start with stock bikes then start making mods to each while we follow the progress. HUMM any magazines what to provide me with some quads and go-fast parts for a killer aricle to end the 4-stroke 2-stroke question once and for all. I have editing and copying experience from high school.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Scrambler Mods

the 2-stroke 400 would win both the stock and the modded race jsut because 2-strokes are always snappier and usually quicker than 4strokes.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Scrambler Mods

look below,not much i plan to add more soon once i get some money..

Old 06-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scrambler Mods

Originally posted by: Hoopie
too all,
with all of the money you spent on the mods making the quad the way you like it would you do it again or buy a different quad? If so what quad? please post after you list your mods because Idont want to hijack the thread.
I love my Scrammy and dont hink they make anything as good or better

Old 06-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scrambler Mods

Originally posted by: Hoopie
too all,
with all of the money you spent on the mods making the quad the way you like it would you do it again or buy a different quad? If so what quad? please post after you list your mods because Idont want to hijack the thread.
Ive got less than 6k in mine- that includes purchase price. I would do the same thing again. I love to pull up beside most of these fast yamahas and hondas, for a drag race- and then have them shake there head when its over. "Thats a polaris, its not supposd tp go that fast"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Scrambler Mods