Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Recall Notice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall Notice

I am brand new to the forum and just thought i would ask some people that realy seem to know what they are talking about. My '05 500 HO is 4 weeks old and just yesterday Polaris sent me a notice saying my quad is on recall for the ECM overheating and possibly causing a fire. Stoped by my dealer, he said bring it in but there a month behind on service repairs. I would really like my wheeler for the 4th of july. somebody told me they send those notices out for precaution. So do i take it in to dealer now and wait a month or can i wait tell after the 4th.

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Recall Notice

ride that thing like you stole it. that is why they have warrenty's right? well find out if your warrenty is good if you have a problem after you recieve a recall notice. or you can get insurance and if it burns down you still get a new one. its always smart to have insurance.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Recall Notice

I do have it fully insured. A guy on another forum said get it in asap and also said it is like 15 minutes to fix. If its that quick i dont see why i should have to wait a month in line i mean it says its a frikin RECALL.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Recall Notice

show them the recall notice and they should take care of your quad in a week if their good. if there real nice people they'll call you at the end of the day.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall Notice

I called a dealer about the recall to get mine in and they told me I would be responsible for labor over 15 minutes!!! They said it takes longer than 15 to replace and polaris only pays for 15 and I had to pay the rest!!! I will not do business again there.

Noble

Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Recall Notice

I don't think there is any way in hell they could make you "pay" for labor on a recall. Polaris knows how long it should take to fix it and if the dealer couldn't fix it in that time, it his problem. I report this dealer to someone who might give a damn. Polaris? BBB? or you could just name him on this forum and he will surely lose a sale.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default Recall Notice

i have talked to my dealer about things like this and he has to eat the extra time that it takes. i had an electrical problem and polaris only paid him for 30 minutes but it took him 2 hrs to trace the problem. a good dealer that wants your business would eat it. others why take it in or even have a warrianty. call another dealer.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Recall Notice

Originally posted by: NHarrison2
I called a dealer about the recall to get mine in and they told me I would be responsible for labor over 15 minutes!!! They said it takes longer than 15 to replace and polaris only pays for 15 and I had to pay the rest!!! I will not do business again there.

Noble

Pull plastic from under front of pod,remove two screws and unplug three harnesses then put on new one they did mine in 15 with me watching>>>

Old 06-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Recall Notice

Davis Equipment in Salem In.!!!!! I have bought 1 atv there plus numerous smaller items

Noble

Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Recall Notice

I called my dealer SPortsmens in Hadley Ma. and they fixed my 700 and my brother in laws 500 in 20 minutes I sat there and watched them no waiting, no hassle, and no talk of charging if it took more then 15 minutes. Time to find a nother dealer.

Quick Reply: Recall Notice