Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator hop up problem ,MODQUOD .help me, HPD isn't

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator hop up problem ,MODQUOD .help me, HPD isn't

here is the problem;;; I have now worked my predator to the nuts, I have had a falicon stroker crank installed, it's been bored to a 560,it has 1mm oversized valves(ti) and ti springs, web custom cams,lightend flywheel, hinson clutch,and lastly a TM 45mm mikuini carb.
The carb is the issue. I have waited for over 6 weeks for hpd to get this carb to me,and when they finely get it to me ,it had NO cable for there thumb throttle. THE cable was the problem with why he didn't send the carb. He told me over 6 weeks ago that he was working on a cable and a new thumb throttle to work with this carb . Three weeks ago my dealer/sponcer called and told him to send anything even a twist throttle if he had no luck with the cable.
Well, the carb came and guess what???? NO CABLE NO NEW THROTTLE, AND NO TWIST THROTTLE!!! JUST A NOTE TELLING ME TO CALL MOTION PRO FOR A CABLE. This means I have to come up with a mock up cable just to find out what I need so I don't sound like a idiot on the phone with motion pro and also so I can send them what I need.
I feel like this is bullsh-t!!!! waiting for a cable or throttle just to ride . I'm starting to loose faith with HPD!! they should AT least have a twist throttle. I know that there is issues with the thumb throttle being to hard of a pull,but anything is better then nothing!!

I tried nicolas cycles a week ago and who ever I talked with wasn't very helpful(very rude)Telling me that NO One uses a thumb throttle,so I asked about the twist throttle and he said I would have to take to doug,who hasn't been in everytime i call.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
Matt Spears
TEAM BRICKTUCKY RACING

Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

ANYONE!!!!!!! I'm finding nothing but dead ends!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

To be fair to HPD, they have been R&D hard on some carb mods. You have the carb probably before it's totally ready....hence the "do it yourself" cable. Mocking up the cable shouldn't be a big deal, just take your time, and measure a few additional times to make sure you have things done right. The carb you have in your hands is a ticket to power if it's the one I think it is. I'm too busy fixing breaking 747's right now, otherwise, I'd be testing one myself. Give the Motion Pro folks a call, they're very helpful in walking you through projects.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

Here is a web page that sell the cable ends
http://www.greenskyadventures.com/th...ottlecable.htm

Old 07-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

daryl must of felt nice he has agreed to make me a cable and I'm one of the frist people on his list for the new thumb throttle.
thank you ken, I had just sent motion pro a cable before daryl agreed to make one for me. I do understand that I will have a stiff throttle with this older hpd thumb throttle but, darly said that the new one might be done next week..

Old 07-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

You could have tried : Terry cable ...Ronwoods racing .....On -dune performance All have what you need! The pull on the 45 is a little stiff so take the spring out of the thumb throttle or order a lighter spring for the carb. Just call ronwoods racing up the are awesome with the TM45.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

all this crappy service is killing me!!!! Darell agreed to make me a cable ,he said that he would get right to it after he got off the phone with me . i was happy to hear that and i even asked him twice about it while he rang me up,, I also asked him to send me a new cable for my scrammy and to have it shipped 3 day .
Well, he overnighted the cable,,,,But,,,Only one and it was the one for the scrammy ((NO Predator)). On the invoice/bill was a note that said;WE DO NOT HAVE CUSTOM CABLE FOR THE HSR45 YET.SORRY.WE WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN WE GET THEM IN STOCK.
Needless to say,,IF THEY DO NOT HAVE A CABLE Or THROTTLE FOR THAT CARB THEY SHOULDN"T HAVE SOLD ME THE CARB!!!!
I would have gotten another from someone other then them. I allways liked HPD alot,,in the past they were much better,what happend!
I still trust thier skills and parts but, this carb thing is holding up my whole engine hop up.

I will wait probley,but I'm not waiting long and I'm not happy.Maybe they will take the carb back and I'll get one from rath.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Trailblazer

FixitMatt, I am sorry someone at my dealership was rude to you. I have been very sick most of this year with a few problems such as two counts of phnomia. I do have the twist cable and throttle for the kits I sell. I am not sure they would do you any good as HPD had a differant bracket on the last carb I seen.It has been all I can do to keep up with my customers work(head porting, carb mods, engine building )plus all the stuff the Polaris Race department has hired me to do. Again I am sorry if someone was rude at my dealership to you, Signed Doug Nicholas

Old 08-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now that sounds like a true dealer....better stick with that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Doug,thats ok,,After talking to Daryl Rath I changed my mind about using The HPD hsr45mm Carb.I went with the HOT SEAT fcr41mm keihin. I sent the HPD carb back for a few reasons the DARYL RATH explaind to me.the frist reason was the carb didn't even fit onto the boot on the engine, could even reach the boot because it hit the frame.the 2nd was it wasn't really a off road carb only one vent hose.The other was Daryl Rath really liked the 41mm fcr.
Well i now have the fcr and it made a world of a difference,this thing rocks now.
as for a throttle, i modded a cable to work with the HPD thumb throttle.Also I have a PROTO-TYPE thumb throttle coming for hpd that i will try to use,it has a ratio pull for less thumb pain.

I don't know if you followed my posts and seen all the problems i have had,but I finally got my predator back after a month of it being down do the a defective hinson clutch basket(i ended up with the only defected basket) My friends all got to beat her abit and said that it is scarry powerful and fast.I can't wait now,for my broken wrist to heal,so i CAN RIPP IT.

Doug,I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon about another predator that i have. I will mod it soon and maybe I'll try the 574 or 627.Also what Carb are you using now on you drag predators and race preds.

Quick Reply: predator hop up problem ,MODQUOD .help me, HPD isn't