Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Finally rode the Hatfield-Mcoy Trail

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally rode the Hatfield-Mcoy Trail

After 10 years of talking about it I finally rode the Hayfield Mcoy trail monday the 4th of july....We got on the trail at Matewan the facilitys are great they have ample parking
so you can unload and your stuff is safe...they have showers at the trail head so when you come off the trail you can clean up and put clean duds on....we road the Buffalo
mountain portion of it and it was tremendous...we went into the town of Delbarton and got fuel then rode from there to Williamson from there back to Matewan..
We rode the green,blue,and black trails...the blue was more to our liking(more difficult) I would say that 90% of the trail is shaded so a hot day is still a great ride..
some good hills to climb and yes there a few mud holes that will get your attention... the people at the Matewan House bed and breakfast where super nice to us
and the trail head lady was exceptionally nice and very helpfull...we took 2 2005 800 Polaris and My best friend took his 700 V-Twin Kawasaki.....great ride...
I hope every body gets a oppurtunity to ride this trail system..

Old 07-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Perky.. Thanks for the review [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My wife has promised we would go this year, however she seems to have her schedule full with going to school.
Have a great day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 07-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

I live about an hour away from a couple of the trail heads. I've hit them a few times already this year and rode them for the past 3-4 years. I definately like the trails. If you like to play in the mud the trail head outside of Logan is a great one. We played in mud there for hours. My polaris was the only one to make it through all the holes but one. Definately take some extra gas with you on the trails though. You can end up a long ways from your truck.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

For anyone interested in riding, I recommend the Rockhouse Trail system which is one of the six trail systems of the Hatfield McCoy trails. Everyone I talked to said that the Rockhouse system is the best. This is the trail system we went on back in April and had a blast.