Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Your guys' opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your guys' opinion

ok, so, i need more power, i know, im crazy, but i need more power and a more stable platform. im riding the **** out of my 800 and if i keep doing it i know im gonna blow the belt or something. just today i was running the thing at full throttle for almost 3 miles (edgeing 71mph) and i leaned down and put my ancle on the belt houseing expecting it to be cool because of the high speed and i almost burned myself. ontop of that, on 5 occasions now, ive almost flipped my 8 sideways pulling holeshots through a curve trying to keep up with my friends XR100 (yeah, i know) and im a really good rider, i mean, i dont mean to sound cocky, but i can beat alot of guys who race quads. so im afraid to say, its the quad itself

anyway, im thinking about doing the full blown switch to a sport quad, ride means something to me, but power means more, so, i want to get the TLD edition, preferably with black plastics. power wise, what do you think im jumping into?

everyone give me your opinions ect.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

my opinion is you should have never gotten a tank to act like a ricer on...yeah i am sure it is the quad that wants to tip over when you barrel around a corner at high speeds....IT IS OVER 700 LBS WITHOUT YOU ON IT....come on now...lol...sounds like you need to get that sport quad or something and use the 800 for different riding styles....

Old 07-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the reason i got the 800 was so i could go anyware, and get there fast, very fast, thtas why i opted for a 800 over a 500

Old 07-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well since I got both and since I got my TLD Pred. my 800 has been sitting. The fun factor is much higher on the Pred then the 800. But I do feel it after a good ride, but the 800 I don't get sore at all. I however I still enjoy racing a utility because I love passing sport quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But the weight of the 800 is keeping me from fully using it's power. I'm will still race a utility, but I'm seriously thinking about the new Bomb 800. I like the utility that can fly with the best of them, yet still be able to go anywhere I want and even plow snow. I like my Pred and enjoy riding it a lot, but if I was to have just one quad, I would stick with a utility. Just more versital. Plus I went riding last weekend, was soaked before I was a 1/2 mile in the woods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img], With a sport quad you wear everything you go through. I don't miss that at all. So I think at first you would like the TLD, but soon you would wish for your 800 back. But the other 800 at 130lbs lighter with more power might be just what your looking for.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Good...It's not just me that gets sore after a day of riding the Pred[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Spyder, the SP800 just isn't the right machine. Get a Predator and keep the 800 for those long trail days. Youngins like you won't get sore riding all day.

I personally like the gear ratios of the standard Pred. To me, they are better for the type of riding that I have been doing. 2nd gear is awsome and I can climb some pretty steep hills unless someone stops in front of me on the trail, then its trouble!!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i will find a way to keep both...

this weekend im gonna go ride a limited edition and a TLD and see which one i like more, i think i'll like the TLD more as i like shifting alot, and im usually needing the use of torque alot more than top speed, and looseing 10mph on top end isnt much when these things top out at 80+

Old 07-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
and looseing 10mph on top end isnt much when these things top out at 80+
Actually your wrong on that, they have the exact same top speed. They didnt change 5th gear (and maybe not 4th, not quite sure) so they top out at the same speeds. But IMO i think you'll like the TLD model on account of what you said about your riding type.

Either way, good luck with what you choose!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6 and looseing 10mph on top end isnt much when these things top out at 80+
Actually your wrong on that, they didnt change 5th gear (and maybe not 4th) so they will top out at the same speed. I think the TLD model will suit your riding style better than the STD.

Either way good luck with your decision!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

oops, sorry i posted it twice. stupid computer said i did once. DAMNIT!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

have you ever been able to do a burnout or even squal the tires on your pred before it does a wheelie?

Quick Reply: Your guys' opinion