Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my broken wrist is killing me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my broken wrist is killing me.

last sunday i broke my wrist jumping the scrammy.I was on the scrammy only because my predator was down do to some poor work by my dealer(installed hinson clutch wrong). I was having fun jumping it over a 30 foot long table top,and on my 9th jump it happend. my friends said i was about 12 foot in the air. I landed it but the front strut must of blown out becauser the front rebounded up and snapped my wrist and the handle bars hit my chin.I road away like nothing happend in even ripped up a berm after the landing.I then road over to my friends and spit blood on the ground next to them and said' i broke my wrist'. they couldn't believe it but, i was right. they said it looked like i landed the jump prefect.
needless to say,it's broke bad. Yesterday i had surgery to screw the bones back in place and wire the wrist in a straight line with the rest of the arm.THIS HURTS ALOT!!!!more then the five broken ribs i had.I have tried many pain killers but not one works.also,it is my right wrist and I'm a righty,so,typing is slow and shakey. bear with me! My doctor said it would be at least three month before i can ride(hope hes wrong) six weeks at least in the cast and a long rehab.

I GUESS MY SCRAMMY JUMPING DAYS ARE OVER!! TIME TO MAKE HER A DRAG QUAD,,,ANY IDEAS???

thanks for hearing my cry
Matt Spears
Team Bricktucky

Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

wow that sux!! Hope you get better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bob

Old 07-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

ouch. get better soon!

Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hang in there!

hope you heal well!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

that sucks dude I don't know how bad you broke it but when I broke my wrist the doctor said it might not completly heal for 6 to 7 months because of all the torn ligaments and tendons. I broke my right wrist way back in october and there is still some slight pain in my wrist still. Well I hope your wrist heals alot sooner than my wrist. Hope you get better soon peace!!

Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i broke my right wrist back in october also, I didnt think it was broken until i went to the doctor.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Havent broke my wrist I think, but every since I started jumping the scrammy I have had severe pain in both my wrists. I now always wear wrist guards that help tremendously when ridding. My left one might be broke, maybe thats why it always hurts? It feels fine until I twist(turning a doorknob) or lift objects up with the wrist, Then it really hurts. Its been about 4 months and I keep thinking it will go away. Do you think I should have it checked? I usualy only jump about 6 feet high and most times I land on the other side of the table top, but have cleared it a couple times and hit hard on the flat ground past the table top.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Don't think of it as a broken wrist. Think of it as a future barometor. As you get older your wrist will start letting you know when the weather is about to change (painfully)! I fell through a roof almost twenty years ago and broke my wrist. I still hurts. Good luck!!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: MCAVS Don't think of it as a broken wrist. Think of it as a future barometor. As you get older your wrist will start letting you know when the weather is about to change (painfully)! I fell through a roof almost twenty years ago and broke my wrist. I still hurts. Good luck!!
Boy, isn't that the truth, my old broken bones let me know every time the weather changes.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Fixit, I had 8 rods screwed through mine. The doc said it was the worst one they had ever seen. It's in the med journals and pic's online for other Doc's to look at across the country. Hydromorphone was what they had me on. You could cut your leg off and not care with that stuff. Ask for it. Wait...I repeat WAIT for yourself to recover before riding. You will set yourself back weeks if you further the damage buy trying to ride. When you can, pick up a wrist support . Not a cheap drugstore splint, but a re-inforced metal or fiberglass/nylon combo that covers your entire wrist and upper hand. Wear it every time you ride. I took some coral-calcium while I was mending. I think it helped.
Re-hab. I think some of it's a joke. They have a new device that turns your wrist with hardware adjustments every few days. Ask your PT or Doc. I have a pic of the device if they dont know what it is. My PT did not have one. Your wrist will not want to bend when they get that crap out of you. It's gonna suck. Make them keep you on the good pain killers. There are a lot of nerves in that wrist of yours most of the people helping you have never experianced the pain your in. Speak up. Help yourself.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: my broken wrist is killing me.