Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I know I'm getting a Predator, but...LE, TLD, or Standard

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know I'm getting a Predator, but...LE, TLD, or Standard

After many, many months of research, I've decided the Predator is the right machine for me. Now I have to figure out which model fits best. Today I'm leaning toward the Limited Edition. I love the upgrades on the TLD, but the close ratio gearing scares me off a bit. With the rebates right now on the Limited at $500, the difference between the STD and LE is only about $300 OTD. I have my first OTD quote on the Limited at $6515, but haven't finished negotiating yet.

But I want to pose the question to the experienced...I will be mostly doing desert type riding...wide open forrest roads, desert trails, and dry washes. After that, the dunes aren't that far away, and then a small amount of riding will be more technical tight trails and washes.

What's your thoughts???

Old 07-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If I were you i would go with the LE...It has the upgraded shocks, the "regular" gear ratio, it also has the pure polaris slip on, along with some other things...for the money, the LE would be a great choice...

Old 07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ohh and welcome to the forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
If I were you i would go with the LE...It has the upgraded shocks, the "regular" gear ratio, it also has the pure polaris slip on, along with some other things...for the money, the LE would be a great choice...
I would agree totally. If your more in the open area the standard tranny would be better. The TLD tranny works great in the woods and tight areas.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

I love the TLD tranny. I did not like the gap between 4th and fifth but I pretty much fixed it with a rev limiter upgrade[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Any choice will be good but go for the fox podium shocks, they make all the diiference! Le or TLD you cant go wrong

Old 07-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

SVTPETE - What type of riding do you do? I ride a lot of dunes, and thought the close ratio TLD would be good for that. Yes?

Old 08-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I'm glad to see I was heading in the right direction and nobody is trying to talk me out of it. Not that I thought anybody really would...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MnFriesen, thanks for the welcome. I've got a lot of good information from you and some of the other folks here. I'm sure I'll be milking you for more once I start looking at mods.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:21 AM
Trailblazer

i do mostly trail riding but have taken my TLD to the dunes in Florence. I had only been riding quads for a month and did pretty good on competition hill. My only mods were a pp slipon and paddles. I love the quick ratios. It gets you up to speed so fast and I can lug fifth ok when just cruzin.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Webopper
Well, I'm glad to see I was heading in the right direction and nobody is trying to talk me out of it. Not that I thought anybody really would...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MnFriesen, thanks for the welcome. I've got a lot of good information from you and some of the other folks here. I'm sure I'll be milking you for more once I start looking at mods.
You are always welcome on the forums...unless you a spammer...

There is alot of information to be soaked up through the forums, and it is always a good idea just to ask if you are not sure of things...and I am sure once you start modding....the mods just wont stop! lol

Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I test rode the 03 std. brand new havent been on one sence..if you can test ride all 3 and decide.

I will offer this, on the TLD I ride a gear high to keep the front end down and I'm always in the powrband.

Quick Reply: I know I'm getting a Predator, but...LE, TLD, or Standard