Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris spring rate chart?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris spring rate chart?

Does anybody know where i can find the Polaris OEM spring engagement and rate chart?

Old 08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

look in my pics

Old 08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Rick posted it a couple years ago and bumped it up recently, it should only be a few pages back.
do a search.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot!

Old 08-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

How do you think the Polaris red or red/white with 58gr weights would fair with my mods? Somebody told me to get the yellow or brown but that sounds a little low.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That somebody would be me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You must keep the top rpm matched to the pipe or your just peeing in the wind. The porting also needs to be matched with the other 2 for excellent performance. The white spring is for a stocker basically and you are not beginning to realize the power output of the motor with that setup. Trust me that the brown spring with the s-55 weights would work for you. As many will tell you I wont steer you wrong with clutching.

If you do insist in trying to tune in your own clutch setup, do yourself a huge favor and buy Aaen's clutch tuning handbook. It doesnt give many specifics for ATVs, but does go into extensive information on snowmobile clutching, which is the same principle and will apply to ATVs as well. It takes a long time for it to finally "click" and make sense. Once it does then clutching is easy. you just need to know what does what. Bubba

Old 08-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

i'm a long time sledder and keep reading what said above and i'll add
that it may depend on gearing you got cauze they changed it through the years,the most important is that your primary belt climb til the very top of the clutch.55 g of weights is what work for most applications
as said earlier,if you don't reach the peak rpm of the pipe you won't find a good clutch setup anyway,good luck.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba any opinions of a polaris brown s55 weights HPD violet secondary on a 400 AAEN top end piped scrambler?

Im shooting for 6500 rpms. I have 10-56 weights I can use as well.

just curious I think this will be good but am not positive if you don;t want to anwser a question asked in this mannor feel free not too.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

So what your saying Bubba, is the red with 58gr wts is to aggressive. I'm just worried about hitting the range of rpms around 6500 or so. But it seems your confident that the brown or yellow with 55gr wts will do the trick so i will stick with you and go that way.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If your going to go with the 55 weights then use the brown. The engagement is not too rough and seems to work very well. The yellow would work better with s-53 weights. There is a fine line on weights as well. Too much weight will make your clutch upshift too fast if the tires spin any and bog it down. Too light of a weight and you will lose acceleration A LOT. One day you might find yourself with a box of springs and about 30 weights. That's how I learned, with real world testing.

Conig, try that combo out on the 400 too. If you dont want a lot of engagement then it will work great. I also like the Dalton black/orange that Rick sells for the 400 Aaen pipe too with 55 weights.

Quick Reply: Polaris spring rate chart?