Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

eastcoast atv powder coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eastcoast atv powder coating

Has anyone ever used them for powder coating??? well, I did and now i wish i didn't. Let me start of by saying they got to be the slowest powder coaters in the world!! frist time i used them they did my polaris predator frame and sub-frame. they took 4 weeks for the frame to get done and to top it off, somehow, the frame coating got screwd up in shipping(UPS paid because of insurance)but, i think it was eastcoast atv's fault because, it didn't have good packing wrap. well, we sent it back and a month later we got the frame.
that was a year ago.
About 2 months ago we sent them my a-arms(lower)and swingarm to get powder coated.My dealer (atlantic polaris) sent it all out to eastcoast with instructions on what color to make them.Shouldn't have been to hard ,they told them red, the same red that they did the frame in.now that should have been a easy one because eastcoast only did my frame from Atlantic Polaris. red(like the stock yamahas) no other color ever came from atlantic polaris.
well wouldn't you know it they Fu(ked up big time!!!!we opened the box to find that it all was done in black!! sure black is alot like red!!
I mean what the!!!!!so anyway we sent it all back about three weeks ago and we still haven't seen it . We have called them and they still don't have to done.Well I had enough so I sent them a pissy email.we shall see what that does.

anyway think about this post if you ever send them parts for powder coating. THEY SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE SLOW AS ----!!!!

Old 08-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Matt ,

You always seem to have the worst luck . I hope your wrist is healing nicely .

Have you ever thought of selling all of your toys and taking up bird watching or stamp collecting ? :-)

Rick Ritter

Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

not nice santa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

hope you get everything fixed matt, atleast you'll get things fixed while you cant ride :/

Old 08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't trying to be mean ... Really ..

This stuff is supposed to be fun , Matt just seems to have a rough time .

No offence intended ,

Rick Ritter

Old 08-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Rick< I have been going nuts this year!!I cann't understand why I'am getting such bad servise everywhere i go.Even people I've trusted for years have screwed me in someway(HPD).My whole predator project has been hell!!! No one has things/Parts in stock and everyone is taking their time working on my ATV. Now I know I have a broken wrist (which is all because I wasn't on my predator)But I'm trying to get everything fixxed up before i can ride again. Luckly I can turn wrenches.
I will never give up on riding,even if i break somemore bones!! I think I might drop polaris soon because of servise a part issues,My friends ride yamahas and hondas and they never have these kinda problems.I like polaris but no one wants to help you when you own one.(not meaning you or Rath ) Rath Racing is the only people so far to go out of their way to try and turn my luck around.

This whole powder coating thing is just unreal.I mean how long does it really take to do two a-arms and a swingarm. also, I live i Nj,,and eastcoast atv is in PA,it's not like it a whole country part , it's the next state.It's the icing obn the cake for the Predator and it's the last of my parts still to be added then i'm done with the predator untill it breaks.

I still however,I'm redoing my 2000 scrambler 400 so, we will see how much I'll still get screwed.

MY LUCK JUST IS REAL BAD LATELY(this summer)the only good thing about it is someday it will turn around and the good times will roll!

also rick,don't worry no offence taken.I'm use to the wise cracks now with broken wrist.One more thing you called this broken wrist thing a few years ago,in a post about breaking the scrammy frames from jumping.Oh well things happen if your gunna do stunt riding I'll just be more carfull in the future.
ONE MORE THING---I'll never take up bird watching!!What the??

Thanks again
Matt

Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

I actually did take up bird watching !

I developed an interest in Purple Martins , this was my first year with them . I had 5 or so mating pairs right in front of the shop . They are a very tame type of swallow , you can walk right up to them . Sparrows like to invade their nesting so I also did some bird watching of sparrows , ( via an 8 power scope on a bolt action .22 rifle out of my office door) .

Never a dull day at RcR ....

Rick

Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like you have some fun at your shop. let me ask you this---did you take up bird watching because you got hurt??
Who would you use for powder coating?
Also for my scrambler(hpd race mod) what carb would you use instead of the keihin 39mm pwk.Or can you fix mine

Old 08-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

He he he ....If somebody has your stuff, and they are working on it.....pissy emails doesn't help at all.
I know how it is, ya wanna blow off, but it really doesn't help when they have your stuff

Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

playing mister nice guy hasn't gotten me anywhere for two months now. I think that two months for two a-arms and a swingarm is a bit long,don't you think so?it's not like they had to make the parts ,it's only powder coating.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Matt ,

After many close calls I had two crashes I walked away from with minor scratches that the little light in my head went off and told me " you can not continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results" . At about the age of 25 and feeling I had used up all the luck I was going to be granted I cooled it in my driving habits . It's not a video game , you don't just drop in another quarter and try again .

I still enjoy riding stuff when I can , but I have no need to challenge myself or take any risks that seem unreasonable , there is everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain .

I really don't know who to go to for powder coating , we have a local shop up here that a few guys use and seem to be happy with .

On that PWK why don't you revove the float bowl , hook the carb to a fuel source , and manualy operate the floats ? What I want to know is --> is the fuel getting past the needle and seat , or is the fuel GOING AROUND the needle seat , as in , beween the seat and the carb body. Once we figure out where the fuel is going we can figure out a solution .

Rick

Quick Reply: eastcoast atv powder coating