Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Guys I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys I need some help!

I own two 03 Trailblazer 250's. I have one that is bone stock and the other has had some work done to it. The modded bike had a pipe and a clutch kit. It ran great for a year and then one day just burned a whole in the top of the piston. I rebuilt it, this time going with a little bigger piston to match the bore and a cut down head. The motor was also ported and polished by Rick Ritter. Well, it lasted about 30 minutes and I then added that piston to the collection. I have since gone through the entire motor and am ready to strap it together. Problem is that the main clutch now has a removal tool stuck in it. I've tried EVERYTHING to get the tool unthreaded. I even took it to a prop shop.... they couldn't do it.

I need a clutch real bad.... been looking on ebay, but figured I would go to a bunch of guys that share the same forum. I am in the Bombardier forum regularly, but don't get over to this side that often. Up until now, the TB's have been great.

Anybody out there that can help? Willing to pay, just need to find a good part. I believe that any polaris clutch will work as long as it doesn't have EBS.

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ouch an 03 and already needing a rebuild??? you must ride them alot!! our tb just got its first rebuild done last week! Sorry I cant really offer any help....talk to rick, he might be able to get you one

Old 09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

did you figure out why it burnt the new piston up in 30 minutes?

Old 09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

How long do these 250's last?? My 02 xplorer seized up this year, we sold it after we had it fixed. Now I'm worried about our 01.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

are you getting oil? check you injector may be blocked... this will also happen if your jetting is very lean

Old 09-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

that is the crazy thing. Neither of us can figure it out... I've sent pics, we've talked for probably an hour on the subject. Before it blew the last time, I went away from the injector. I started mixing my own fuel. Even went a little heavy on the oil for the first tank per Rick. Going to try this again, and if it doesn't work..... well the thing might catch fire.

Ordering another piston from Rick tomorrow, and should have it back up and running by the following week. I'll check in with you guys to let you know how it's doing.

You should know that I'm not the normal shade tree'r. I've got my own lift and it's usually got a list of bikes waiting to get on. Everything from a superbike to a 50K chopper. Been building just about everything for years now.

On this latest build, I split the cases, machined a nice new edge, dropped in some new seals just for good luck. I'm going to start at a 200 main and drop from there. The last main was a 175. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys.

As for how long they SHOULD last.... well, if we road just trails, I'd say that they should last quite a while. but we ride lots of dunes with a bunch of trail/desert mixed in. Obviously the duning is VERY hard on the little TBs but it seems to work fairly well for my daughter and wife.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Predetonation will burn a piston. Bad gas, or too low of octane for that mill job.
Does the fuel in your area contain any ethanol?