Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD 416 Power Maxx OR Hot Seat Exterminator Kit OR all out Aaen all out 440?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD 416 Power Maxx OR Hot Seat Exterminator Kit OR all out Aaen all out 440?

those engines are more subject to make rattle noise with time cauze the pistons clearances is getting wider,so a big bore jug will deliver a lot more rattling,it will add bottom end torque and response,but the peak rpm
point decrease as you go bigger,making a flot curve and no good top end,
it is for sure a blast to try tough,vibrations is bad to the bone my friend!

Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPD 416 Power Maxx OR Hot Seat Exterminator Kit OR all out Aaen all out 440?

Before considering anything else you need to address a pipe issue. 95-95 models weren't the best years for pipe designs at least for the sport series. Along with an increase in power usually comes an increase in noise. You must decide on how much noise you want and your options available. There are some pipes that can utilize a stock silencer to keep noise down. If yours is a one pice design at the silencer then the options are limited.

What this boils down to is the porting and pipe need to be matched. I would consider this to be your #2 priority with the pipe noise being #1. Head machining, good reeds, better carburetor, all have a part to play in making reliable HP. Having someone do a package deal is the best way to go. I have nothing against HPD or Hot Seat, I just have a personal preference for Rick Ritter. He has the best customer service bar none. I have called early sat morning before and talked to him for awhile. If he's home he will talk about work if needed. He is as knowledgeable as any and reasonable with pricing as well.

On another note, save your bores. Dont big bore it unless you just want to spend more money. Good HP will be made with a smaller bore motor. I will never make that mistake again with a polaris.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's kinda hard to know how my machines are set up, they are 20 miles away in my father-in-laws garage since I have his 500 H.O. all tore apart in mine. I deffinatly see the advice that saving your bores is the way to go and will follow it. It just makes too much sense not to. I havent had the chance to give Rick a call yet but I will. He sounds like the Mr.HP of the polaris world, Mr.HP right now is doing more to the DS power seen than anyone. He also has great service and if Rick is the same way thats tough to beat!! One thing I do know though is that whoever I go with will be doing it ALL, I dont like peicing from one guy to the next. Pluss you get better prices in the long run that way so thats more $$ for mods right??

As for noise, hmmmm, thats a toughy. I will have the 300 for hunting and stuff like that so thats not an issue. I DO know though that it HAS to have a spark arrester. I ride national forrests and parks too much not too. Fortunatly as of right now there are no DB laws where I ride. So loud is ok, but I dont think I want one as loud as a CPI drag piped Banshee, them things annoy the heck out of me, but I do like some power sound. The Idea behind this different build is to build the ULTIMATE sleeper. I want to pull up on this grandpa lookin machine and put the smackdown on the majority of quads you see out here. I think the looks on peoples faces would be priceless hehehe. So really the quieter the better but wont sacrifice much to get it quiet.