Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Jetting/Pure Polaris Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetting/Pure Polaris Pipe

I put a PP and a K&N drop in in my pred and it would start missing on the top end of the power band. Some said it was now rich, so I had a 155 main jet put in it and it still misses on the top end of the power band. With the stock pipe it's fine. Any suggestions?

Old 09-17-2005, 09:04 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I was running the turn down tip, for the PP. I also was running the twin air clamp on, IMO it's the best aif filter out for the Pred. I was running a 172 1/2. I still have some jets I think.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Hey RAJ, you had replied to a simular question I posted and you suggested asking on Predator Owners.com I did. I got many replies from the rev limiter to the needle valve to the disks on the pipe some are saying that the miss on the top end is rich NOT lean, I'm confused. It's at the dealer now and I was going to have them play with it at $60.00 and hour $$$$$$. I'm thinking about picking it up and opening up the PP pipe and taking out the spark arestor and some restrictive pipe they claim is in their. Some on Predator Owners claim this will correct the top end miss and it's alot cheaper than the Dealer. What do you think?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:55 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I have found out that less disks, more low end. And more disks more top end. Thats why I went with the turn down end cap. I liked the sound, and had all the top end I wanted. I also went with the Rath Header for more low end. I also was running a 13/38 gearing. This thing would snap you head off. I could trail ride in 3rd gear all day long.

Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

RAJ is right on the disks. I have the drop in k&N and pp pipe with 12 disks and I didnt have to rejet at all. If i go down in disks I get less top end but more low end. If I use 4 disks I can catwalk like a raptor! but no top end. I have the 05 LE. I want to get the rath header also to give me more low end so I have the best of both worlds!

Old 09-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Not wanting to hijack Showtimes thread or anything, but it sounds like he and I are heading in the same direction on a couple things. So, a couple questions:

1. Where can you get the e-series disks at? I haven't been able to find them, and my pipe came with only 8???
2. What is the "stock" needle in in the LE? Can't find that info anywhere, but I'm assuming it's something different from the 150 in the standard Preddy, and I'd rather not rip it apart yet to find out.

Another thing I've seen in my research is that the more disks you put in the louder she gets. From what I've heard, at or above 14 disks will put you above the maximum dB levels in most areas.

mmmmmm, Rath Header sounds like a nice mod too.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:10 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

You can get the disks & turn down end cap from Nicholas Cycle. The stock main jet is probly the same in the LE as the std Pred, because they air box has not be modded from factory. You don't have to rejet just to add a pipe, it's when you let it breath more. Before I got the turn down tip, I was running 16 disks. You will have to get longer screws when adding more disks. Hope this helps ya out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks RAJ, that helps allot. Man, 16 disks? That had to be thumpin pretty good...