Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

06 Predator exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Predator exhaust

I recently got my 06 LE Predator and love it. it's all broke in and I've been riding as much as possible. I knowit comes with the White Bros pipe stock, but I'm looking to get a little better sound and performance. I must say that I've never had a White bros pipe before, but I've never been very fond of them due to their noise level. What I don't know is how they do as far as performance on the dyno. I'm not sure if I should get the turn down tip, remove the spark arrestor (not needed where I ride), add disks, or go to another pipe all together. I was thinking about the HMF full pipe. I have one on my wife's Z and it's great. They post dyno charts for their products so you can make an informed decision. Does anyone have dyno charts for the White Bros pipe ? Or a link to a pipe shoot out with dyno sheets ? I'm open to any opinions/facts pro or con for either pipe. I'd like to save the money instead of buying a new pipe, but if it's a big difference in performance I'd be willing to do it. Thanks for any help.
Cain

Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

as said around the forums, the White Bros. E-Series pipe that we have is a great pipe, but it ends there. thats the pipe that seperates the good, from the fantastic. there is several different pipes to choose from, so far, the White Bros. E2, HMF Slip-on, and the Yoshimura's are the best that ive heard of. to get hte best sound and power, matching a slip-on pipe with a Rath Raceing stainless steel header
www.rathracing.com

Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd just like to add to spyder's post......first off, the yoshi pipe is not worth the cash, its no better than the wb pipe. Another pipe he left out is the Nicholas Cycle Drag pipe.....but it is quite loud. It's also made by hmf, but designed by Doug to produce the best hp. If you want pure hp, go that route. If you want a little less noise, and still lots of hp.....and a real good looking pipe......go with the hmf....(both are with rath head pipe).........hpd also makes a good full system pipe........they have some that will produce up to 5hp......but the looks aren't quite as good.

In my opinion, I'd mod some other stuff before I was worried about another pipe. I personally still run the wb pipe......and its fine. Another hp...isn't that much. Just if I was you, I'd try and add the rath headpipe, and see if you like that setup better.......then you can always go to another pipe.......and you'll already have the headpipe. Personally if it was me.......I'd go with the hmf....after I tested on the rath head pipe and wb setup for a while....

Old 11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have been told that on some quads you only need the head pipe when you start making engine mods. Is the Pred stock head that restrictive ? I was looking into the Trinity stage IV full system and info/opinions about that ?

Old 11-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if your going to do an exhuast on a pred, you might as well get the head pipe, and the rath headpipe is amazing, 2 horsepower 3 pounds of torque, just from that. plus a silencer, another 4-5 horses and torque. then if you put on a new intake and rejet it for proper mixture, say another 5.

i donno if my numbers are right, im probebly off 2 or 3 in the end, brad care to comment?

Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at HPD full race pipe. HPD does there home work on polaris, They allso have plenty other things for the predator. One the best mods and cheapest is lighten the fly wheel and make sure you use HPD or RATH.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are lots of opinions going around, and I'll add my 2 cents. I'm going to leave my PP pipe on there, open it up with either a turn down, or 14-16 disks and pulling the quiet core out. One of the reasons I'm doing that is I use the Pred for hunting and like the idea of just pulling those screws, reinstalling the plates, and being in hunting mose. Will also put the Rath Header on it. The new one is supposed to be amazing and I don't think anyone will argue that. With all that air flow I'll also be putting a clamp-on filter on there to open the intake. One of the things I've seen, and you guys tell me your experience, but with the increase airflow, I'm bumping aginist the rev limiter very easy. I'm thinking if I open up the flow that much, I'm also going to have to go with a CDI. I'm going to try it and see what happens and how it performs before I drop the jack on the CDI.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Webopper, open up the exhaust and intake before you do the CDI like you said, but do this so you'll see what the gains are for each mod. You'll be dropping the jack on a CDI... and won't be disappointed. The pred is a high RPM bike the more flow you give it the better it performs...

The PP pipe seems to be the most versitile, I would probably go with that and a head-pipe if I had to do it over again.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Webopper.........I have quite a bit more mods than I think you do(not for sure, cuz you don't show yours)......but, my intake is open, and I have a decent exhaust. I also have the carb mods. I hit my rev limiter, but not too often. I wouldn't really suggest a cdi yet. I seriously think you should consider the carb mods first, with a clamp on twin air filter....this will give you a lot more power and throttle response(like you won't believe).......then, if you have the money, you can get a cdi. I don't really find a cdi necessary yet, cuz I just shift a little sooner. With the carb mods, 1st gear barely exists for me. ****On a side note.....some guys were having trouble with the extra rpm's a cdi gives....and the load it puts on the motor, some of them were cracking the engine in places. I know you want to know all you can about the cdi before you put it on!!! I'd reccommend the nicholas cycle cdi.....it gives you the basic(and what you need)...extra rpm.....and is a good unit. If you really want to spend $$ then go with the even better dyna cdi....and I'd buy it from Nicholas, so it has their curves set on it.

Spyder..........All jetted correctly..........pipe....WB..................... ..2-3hp
.....Nicholas pipe/HMF/HPD......3-4(maybe 4.5)hp.
rath header........2hp.......
good intake and carb mods..........1.5-2hp?

So with a good intake, carb(modded to handle the pipe and intake)......and a good exhaust...you should be looking around 6-9hp.........

Old 11-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Brad and 2Mny. I don't show mods because I don't have any yet except for the pipe (which is actually stock when you think about it). But yes, to both your points. I will be doing the intake and exhaust mods, seeing how she runs, then deciding on CDI. I'm not sold on the CDI yet. Seems like allot of money for 1000 rpm.

Quick Reply: 06 Predator exhaust