Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

mudding with a scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mudding with a scrambler

has anyone done much mudding or riding in shallow water with a scrambler 500 4x4. do they do ok? i was wondering about how the chain drive would fair.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

i have had my 2000 400 4x4 up to the seat many times with no problems. as always keep the chain lubed well and clean afterwards. its a great mud\trail machine.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2001 Scrambler 500 2x4 and sometimes ride it in a mountain creek that can get up to and sometimes slightly over the motor and it hasn't had any problems yet. I've got a couple movie clips of me riding it in this creek that are pretty cool as it has small 3 to 5 foot water falls.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

You've gotta make sure your case is sealed well first.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man i got an 05 and the thing is rock solid , i climb huge steep hills ride through rivers and mud with ease , not only do i do all this but everyone that i ride with seems to always be behind me ...

Old 11-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

i got a 05 scrambler this year. Love the machine. You must add a clutch spring kit. Makes the bike much more responsive and fun in trails. I have run into problems with water. If I run through 8" of water ....fast. My belt gets wet, not all the time, but it does happen. There is an air intake under the front left fender, where water can get into from time to time. I am still working on modifying it to prevent this from happening, (I'm no mechanic) Might add a snorkel kit. Good luck

Old 11-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stvreilly
i got a 05 scrambler this year. Love the machine. You must add a clutch spring kit. Makes the bike much more responsive and fun in trails. I have run into problems with water. If I run through 8" of water ....fast. My belt gets wet, not all the time, but it does happen. There is an air intake under the front left fender, where water can get into from time to time. I am still working on modifying it to prevent this from happening, (I'm no mechanic) Might add a snorkel kit. Good luck

Whats you clutching setup?

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

don't know....I had the dealer put it in an aggressive clutch kit.....(yeah I know, I'm a dumb@ss)

Old 11-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 05dsx
has anyone done much mudding or riding in shallow water with a scrambler 500 4x4. do they do ok? i was wondering about how the chain drive would fair.
My Polaris and my dirtbike are chain driven. I ride both in deep water on a regular buisness. the secret weapon is Maxima CHAIN WAX. its not just an oil its a paraphin wax based lube. you ride your bike/atv for 10 minutes and heat up your chain. then douse it with chain wax spray and let it cool for 10 or 15 minutes the chain wax holds to the chain and keeps it lubricated for the day as opposed to regular chain oil that rinses off in 20 seconds of water riding. I swear by it for any chain drive that you ride in water often. I havent had any increased chain or sprocket wear on either bike with water riding.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

I got a few pics on my pic page. They aren't bad. Not the best, but not bad at all. Just make sure the chain is clean, adjusted and lubed after every ride.

Quick Reply: mudding with a scrambler