Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone got the X2 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 01:38 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Anyone got the X2 yet?

sorry it took so long to get back here after my original post. I am a trucker and was on the road. Yes my X2 has engine braking, it works so well I have to keep reminding myself where the brake is, just in case I ever need it for an emergency stop. that sounds dumb but I believe you could really forget. When you let off the throttle the machine just stops. its wierd. We , Wife, Daughter and myself went riding today and should have some pics to upload soon.

Old 01-23-2006 | 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rockinxj
sorry it took so long to get back here after my original post. I am a trucker and was on the road. Yes my X2 has engine braking, it works so well I have to keep reminding myself where the brake is, just in case I ever need it for an emergency stop. that sounds dumb but I believe you could really forget. When you let off the throttle the machine just stops. its wierd. We , Wife, Daughter and myself went riding today and should have some pics to upload soon.
hey rockinxj,wayout here what everybody is wondering about is if it has the new 4-wheel engine braking,, also what gear was you in and how steep was the hills ...thanks...wayout, out " lives good "

Old 01-23-2006 | 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

The x2 is essentially a stretched Sportsman 500EFI but just to leave it at that would be selling it short. It DOES have IRS, and it’s a bit different than the x1 to compensate for the expected extra load. The extra load can be in the form of a passenger or cargo in the rear dump box. Another nice feature that came from the ATP but hasn’t made it to the rest of the SP line is the ability to disengage one of the rear wheels for “turf mode.” That does a lot less damage to your lawn or fragile terrain when turning. Of course, 2wd and AWD are also available via the switch.

Although they’re not saying much about it right now, Polaris is reported to be trying out a system that gets engine braking to all four wheels on this machine. The lack of this feature has been a major complaint of those who ride mountainous terrain for some time, although it doesn’t matter much to the rest of us. I guess if the system works out well on the x2 we can expect to see it on Polaris’ future upper-end offerings.

The 6 gallon gas tank is a plus, although I’m wondering if it’s geared lower in anticipation of the extra loads and may have higher fuel consumption. Given the added weight of the machine and capacity, I’m a little surprised it didn’t come out with a 700 motor. But this is the same motor that propelled the 1400 pound early 6x6 Rangers without breathing too hard, it was just geared lower.

Old 01-23-2006 | 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

well said floodrunner yes ill agree a 500 6x6 is a work horse cant believe what one of those things can pull ill be curious to see how they will "convert" early released models over to all wheel ebs

Old 01-24-2006 | 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hate you. I've been calling all over Michigan and Ohio looking for an X2. Dealers all read me the letter from Polaris saying the X2 won't be released until next week.

My wife won't ride an ATV by herself but will go with me on a two up machine. Since I am familiar with Polaris, I prefer to stick with what I know.

The engine braking would be a plus. Though I am a long way from any mountains, the trip I took to Kentucky last fall ATVing re-enforced the advantage of having additional braking. I wore out the brakes on my old 400cc machine.

Old 01-24-2006 | 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

hey rockinxj,wayout here what everybody is wondering about is if it has the new 4-wheel engine braking,, also what gear was you in and how steep was the hills ...thanks...wayout, out " lives good "
None of the X2's have the 4 wheel engine braking yet.

Old 01-24-2006 | 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SportsmanEE

None of the X2's have the 4 wheel engine braking yet.
lets us know when you get your kit added on to make it have 4-wheel ebs,and all the ins and outs about it. thanks......... wayout, out "lifes good"

Old 02-09-2006 | 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

I have an X-2 and it will climb down hills really really sloooow. I ride in sandy areas and desert scrub and down 200 foot 45 degree hills(all sand) it is slow, slow, slow. My dealer was told that my machine was all ebs. I really do not know. It is so controlled that as rockinxj said, "I might forget where the brake is". True point, how slow can you go?? If my machine is without all wheel ebs.....Hmmmmmm maybe I dont need it. I have not descended steep non- sandy hills. So, I just don't know. It is a nice stable machine. Just my $2.00 dollars worth. jl

Old 02-09-2006 | 10:34 AM
Range Rover

No pics yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006 | 02:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Hey Everyone, I finally got around to posting a few pictures on my page here in Atv Connection. It is called Family affair and I guess you can access it from my profile or the posts after the moderator checks it and approves. Happy wheelin and God bless. Oh and I dont Know if my X2 has All Wheel Engine Braking or not. It does not seem to need it but I am sure if I can I get it I will. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]