Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Heel Clicker Clutch?

zerowick, upshift is when you give it gas and backshift is when you let off the gas, mine when you let off the gas the engine brake kicks in to quick and jerks you backwards,it kicks in to hard and to quick, it's worst when you're going about 5-10 mph. maybe something is wrong with mine it's always done it, i got about 5,000 miles on heel clicker kit.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

ihave a h/c and love it the response is great, and i have no problem towing my 5x8 trailer loaded up with wood around. i highly recomend .

Old 01-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wayout
zerowick, upshift is when you give it gas and backshift is when you let off the gas, mine when you let off the gas the engine brake kicks in to quick and jerks you backwards,it kicks in to hard and to quick, it's worst when you're going about 5-10 mph. maybe something is wrong with mine it's always done it, i got about 5,000 miles on heel clicker kit.

oh. sounds like you prefer the machine in stock form. I think your H/C is doing what it is designed to do, which is to grab the belt quicker, or maybe yours needs fine tuning. I could see where you might not want such an abrupt engagement on say a slippery descent.

BigRigIns, I have a 600 also, was there a worth while improvement in trailer hauling performance over the stock set up. I haul a 5x7 trailer around filled with 5, 32 gal. cans of manure up into a field and the stock set up never smokes the belt. engagement is around 15-1600, would the H/C be an improvement.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

if the heal clicker is such an improvment over stock why doesent polaris just use those weights and springs?? is there something special about there weights and springs??

Old 01-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Heel Clicker has their weight design pattened, is why polaris doesn't use them or their design. Now, I too have a 500ho with the heelclicker. It really woke my machine up. The 500ho engine, which is designed by Fuji Heavy Industries is an awesome engine. For a 500cc (499) to put out 38hp is just incredible. Now where the machine is suffering is it's clutching. You can have all the power in the world, but if your clutching isn't right, then you got nothing. The HC kit will get that hp to the ground for you. You will rarely use Low, unless you are towing something. As already said it grabs the belt better, preventing slippage, and lowers the rpm engagement quite a bit. All the Polaris race teams use HC kits in their Snowmobiles, etc. Example, I can put it in 4x4 and in High Range, chain the back to a tree and it will turn all 4 tires. Now before the kit, I was constantly using Low. Also, as said check out www.atvquadsquad.com and talk with Cob. Ask about the Cob discount. For about $160, it will be the absolute best performance mod you can give any polaris machine.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just purchased my HeelClicker from Cob. I began the installation last night on my 05 500ho and so far it has been a breeze. I am new to ATV's but the install was simple enough that I believe almost anyone could accomplish it. I would've finished it up last night, but I broke my snap spring plyers (those that have done the install will understand this). If you plan to do the install I'd recommend you get a GOOD set of snap spring plyers and just don't trust the cheap ones you have sitting in your garage. I am planning to do an installation document once I get mine completed that will tend to be more focused to the newbie ATV crowd that will make more sense than the installation documentation that comes with the HeelClicker. Don't get me wrong, I was able to figure out what was what by their documentation, but some of the common ATV terminology that was used isn't real clear if you are not sure which part is which, ie Primary vs Secondary. I will chime in once mine is complete and let you know how the new clutch system handles vs the stock one.

Todd

Old 01-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Tod,

Let me know what you think after you get it together and try it out. It gave me exactly what I was looking for, which was less need for Low Range.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah,, me to Todd I am in the process of ordering from Cobb i have read alot about the H/C and on Cobbs site there is alot of good info...
let me know how it works for ya..I paln to install next week just after Hunting season ends for the year......

Old 01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I should get it finished up tonight and get some seat time around the house. I won't be hitting the trails until next weekend though which means I probably won't have any real results until then. I'll report back as soon as I get some additional information.

Todd

Quick Reply: Heel Clicker Clutch?