Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Jetting question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Jetting question...

Hey guys,

Well i finally got the nemisis back from the dealer today. Runs harder than ever before. they also found a manufactured burr on 4th gear in my tranny (after i demanded that they disasemble it again and look at EVERY gear) and lo and behold, it shifts BEAUTIFUL! I can only hope the engine stays together this time...

Here's my question:

L.E. Predators come w/ a White Bros exhaust from the factory. They did not, however change the jetting for the pipe. I recently decided to get a K&N filter as mine was a bit dusty. Would this filter be enough to require a jetting change? machine seems to run fantastic right now... and it's about 20degrees, so that alone would make it run fairly lean. Also in hte future i'm planning ona rath ceramic head pipe (if THIS new Top-end stays together for more than a month) , and i know that will make me need to re-jet, so i'd like to wait until then if i can. My dealer says it shouldn't be necessary, what do you guys think? thanks a lot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Jetting question...

Its pretty hard to tell....if it comes jetted from the factory correctly, then you'd probably be ok. To be on the safe side, I'd check it. It's pretty easy to check the plug.....just run it hard......and then shut it off, not idleing. The rath header is a good way to go, I want one too. Also, you might want to get the carb mods from nicholas cycle.....you won't regret it!!!!