Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My first ride on the new Honda.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default My first ride on the new Honda.

I took my first ride on the new Rinny yesterday with about 10 other riders. I was very impressed on what this machine would do. I heard that they were underpowered for a 650 but I just cant see how that is. This thing rips. Stands the wheels straight up with no problem, I can beat my brother inlaws SP600 no problem and stay right with my friends SP700 up to about 60-62 mph then he creeps by. It handles pretty good but seems to dip into turns a little much. I really have to get used to it shifting but in esp I could cruise in 2nd or 3rd without even shifting. It was able to pull the wheels up over woops and ride wheelies. The front feels very light almost sport quad like. I think it has great power but the suspension in front is soft and bottomed out a few times. The stock tires are terrable. They seem to roll too much and traction is crap. I have a set of ITP Mudlite XL's on the way. My expectations were alot lower prior to my ride because of what I have heard about the 650 but I am now impressed. I like the torque converter tranny because the power is strong all the way up. I do miss the smoothness of the belt. I was able to stop on a pretty steep hill and tap the throttle and it would move. No lag unlike the Polaris. I really wanted to get a SP but with all the problems people are starting to have with the front diffs I did not want to deal with that. I have alot of respect for the Polaris machines and when they change the front diff design I may get another. No one can argue the Honda quality. Even if they are not the fastest or baddest machine by the looks of the machine they put alot of time in design and quality. Nothing looks cheap and everything fits nice. For now I made the right choice.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a nice day

Old 02-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

If ya do the carb spring mod and muffler outlet mod then you will pick up even more power...

Old 02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
No one can argue the Honda quality.
well, I wouldn't say no one, the Honda forum has its issues too, nobody builds a trouble free quad. like you said, you made the right choice for now. to me it's all about choosing the machine with the features that are right for you, regardless of manufacturer. congrats on your new ride, hope you continue to enjoy it.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Workaholic,

What is your point here. Sounds like you are being sarcastic. (Thanks for stopping by the Polaris forum?) I know you are a new guy and you obviously dont know who I am. I was not here to start crap. I have been a Polaris owner until a few days ago. I come here often. Almost every day. ALOT of people know me here. I was giving my honest opinion on the new ride. Dude dont take it so personal when someone from another forum comes here to compare unless they are here to bash.

jahama,

I did do the carb spring mod and it made a huge difference in response. Even before the mod it would pull the wheels straight up but with a little pull. Now it will flip ya backwards if your not careful. From what I hear I know there is alot of power to be released in these.

Zerowick,
I know nothing is perfect or bulletproof. I am saying that you can tell the difference in quality. There are alot of things that i like about the Honda and things I dont like. Same with the Polaris but untill they can fix some of the bigger issues they have I found something that fits my needs at a great price. The only thing that matters is that I am still riding.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

Right on! Cool to hear You are Happy with the New Wheeler , sounds like You got a nice deal. Sounds like she goes good too!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Yak and Zero.

Trending Topics

Old 02-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

I like........stuff

Old 02-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

What are the spring mod, and the exhaust mod you're talking about on the rincon?

Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im just a 34yo trying to start crap. Just kidding. LOL! I hope it gives me good luck also. I dont have anything against any brand. I was just more loyal to Polaris. I am a certified Toyota mechanic and I understand anything can have problems but it all comes down to quality. All of the Polaris Sportsmans have the same problems one time or another. Speedo, belts, front diff, suspension bushings, cv boots etc...Polaris has a great machine but they need to fix the common problems that they all have. Im sure the Rincon has common problems to but I dont know them yet. (knock on wood!)

Quick Reply: My first ride on the new Honda.