Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

klotz

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default klotz

Originally posted by: watzupdog
Enforcer the R-50 that you mentioned was brought up in another topic from a couple of years ago. Under search on this forum type in Klotz. Then open the post Klotz users. In there a member posted a letter from Klotz that said that the R-50 was designed for high RPM race machines and not for polaris low RPM 2 stroke machines. It also mentions the R-50 having caster in it. Something that causes gum up. Check out the post if you would and let me know what you think. Also Scram you mentiion that I should mix it 40:1 or 50:1. My TB is stock and I still have my injector on it. So what would be the stock setting and would I need to change it or could I just drain my old oil out and add this new Klotz KL-305 and go on my way. Thanks again guys. And check out that old post.
The R-50 is 100% synthetic. The Super Techniplate has 20% Caster in it.
And you are correct.The R-50 is for modern high rpm 2-strokes.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

I just like the smell. Several of the guys that ride where I ride use it and I thought that I would try it. I'm not all about Klotz. Never use it before. Just thought that I would try something new. Changing the oil would give me something to do.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default klotz

I know but do you want to buy an oil just because it smells good? I would rather buy an oil that works good then smells good.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

At the race shop/parts store where I buy my alcohol, they have exhaust scents in a bottle. They come in grape, cherry, peach, blueberry, ect. You just dump a little in your gas tank.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default klotz

Originally posted by: eurozx3
I know but do you want to buy an oil just because it smells good? I would rather buy an oil that works good then smells good.

That's the glory of Klotz, it smells good and works even better. Do a search on 2-stroke oils and the testing that they have to go through. The tests are unbelievable and you wonder how they could pass. There aren't many 2-stroke oils I would be afraid to run as long as they were mixed correctly and the jetting was right.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default klotz

watzupdog,

If you like the smell of the klotz you will like the smell of the Polaris gold synthetic. It smells very sweet and less smoke. I used it in my moded 250 and it worked great.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default klotz

I have read a lot of good things about this Amsoil too. It is also a non TCW3 oil. I use Amsoil in my car and have for about ten years. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

watzupdog,i'm guess klotz suggested you the tc w2 oil eventually cauze of the air cooled engine and that is mineral based blend,very similar to the
old blue polaris injection oil.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default klotz

Scram I've got a gallon jug of that old blue oil in my garage. Cant believe when I bought my TB that the dealer suggested that I get it. My TB want go through a gallon of oil in years and years. Plus its non synthetic. When I bought my kids there polaris 90 They gave me a free quart of polaris gold. I've been using that for my leaf blower and weed eater. These machines just dont use the oil. Anyway I've ordered the klotz so I'll give it a try this spring. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default klotz

Why did you get the Klotz? IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED! If you notice, all the oils I suggested to you are not TCW3 or TCW2 rated. That is because they are a better choice for our machines. Also the Spectro is higher rated JASO D instead of the JASO C that the Klotz is rated.

Quick Reply: klotz