Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First ride ever on any ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride ever on any ATV

I took my first ride today on my new Hawkeye 300 4x4. First time I have ever been on an ATV. I had the BEST time ever. My friend has like 7+ acres behind his house not to mention the land beyond his. Anyway I spent most of the afternoon out there having a BLAST splashing through the mud, rivers, over logs, up hills, etc........ using muscles I forgot I had. I have been snowmobiling before but ATV's Blow that away! Every season too!!! I do have to say I was skeptical to spend all that money on my 06 Hawkeye and My husbands Sportsman 500 EFI, but now that I have been out it wasn't that much, ha ha I'm hooked I can't believe how much fun that was and it was a beautiful sunny day not too cold. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll have some pictures posted soon.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

welcome the the sport/forums. i was at the dealer today looking at a hawkeye "again" for my wife but ended up buying a pegpergo "battery powered" sportsman for my son...lol...

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea welcome to the great sport of wheeling. im also thinking of getting my wife the hawkeye and giving the kid the tblazer.wait until spring though. to me personaly, snowmobling doesnt hols a candle to wheeling and i was an avaid sledder myself.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love my Hawkeye, It was nice shiny and new this morning, now it's covered in mud. It looks so much MEANER that way . I plan on getting new bigger wheels, and a front bumper. Check it out on the polaris web site, makes it look real mean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] My friend had it up to 45mph on snow. you might get another couple of miles faster without mod. Yea, I like the sled, but I'm much happier I bought an ATV.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by: ladybug35

I plan on getting new bigger wheels
When I looked at the Hawkeye that is the first thing that crossed my mind........wheels and tires. I think it would benefit from meatier tires. Can't go too big (diameter) because it'll sap too much power........maybe same diameter but just meatier.

What are the sizes of the stock rims and tires???

Old 03-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Range Rover

Last week ago test on new hawkeye 300 4x4 really like it. Next year plan buy a new hawkeye 300 4x4 in 2007

----------------------------------
xplorer 400 4x4 2001
hot seat pipe, hot seat clutch kits,
Hi comp 12:1 head, force reed 2,
26 inch tire goodyear mud runner,
front fox shock, rear fox shock

Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Ladybug,
Just when you think it can't be more fun............you leave the 7 acres and go to the hills, dessert, mountain or coast. Oh my my my. Life is great. You said it very well, Snow mobiling is fine but.......ooooh, I love the quad. Welcome to heaven on 4 wheels, welcome LADYBUG.
It's funny girl, reading your post reminded me why I love quads, too.

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Its great to see more woman getting into the sport of ATV'n. Plan some rides, do some traveling and always remember wear the approt. protective gear. Helmet always what ever you do. i know alot of states are helmet free and it a nice feeling to ride without one but i can tell you what many people get seriously hurt from these machines. i myself have been. My wife loves our machine as well. She gets a little bent about the mud in hair thing but man it brings out a different side of her after a good ride. have fun, ride safe, and keep the rubber side down. Oh by the way your machine is really nice looking. a few mods and boom you will be the Machine......

Old 03-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

Welcome Ladybug and good choice for a beginner ATV. I live only about 20 minutes from you. Not many places to ride around Boston. I'm not even going to bother registering in Mass. I refuse to pay the sales tax on my atv. NH has lots of good riding spots.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I agree NH/ME have the best riding spots. But I have to register in MA. I don't have the time, nor the money to travel up north for every ride. I want to use them a lot to justify the money spent on these machines. Not that it's a bad thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I want to register in MA so the EP isn't too hard on me if they stop me. If it's not registered they will take it away for sure. I hear there is lots more behind or near the Wrentham Outlets. Not exactly sure where but it's there, pipes to ride through also. Sounds fun, we plan to check it out soon.

Thanks to everone for all the welcome messages. You guys are great with all your help and suggestions.

Quick Reply: First ride ever on any ATV