Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

survived the tornado

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default survived the tornado

So we had a tornado here saturday night, two f2's. Lost the roof to my house, but still got my sportsman 700..thank god! The wife and i was little erked about the roof till we saw all the damage that the rest of the town got, our power just came back on so thats a good thing. Some ppl are gonna be without power another week. We decided to take a short ride on the fourwheeler'the wife and i' so we are back in the trails and we pull over and take a break, we tend to take many when we are out together. So she is looking at me and she says " do you realize how lucky we are" so i start thinking about everything that happened and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I could go on about everything that happened but thats not what this forum is for, so i say this to whoever reads this. Look at what you have, look at the lights in your house, the person your with, the pet you have, the toy thats in your garage, and be thankful. Life can be takin for granted so easy that untill you have something devistating happen around you or to you, that you dont really think about how good you have it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

Very glad to hear you made it out okay. You are sooo right, we take things for granted everyday. God bless you.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

never been thruogh any thing like that and dont think I want to. Glad to hear you are all right

Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
xtc
Range Rover

Glad to hear you're safe.Mother nature is no joke.I just moved to georgia last year but lived in south florida for the past twelve.Only saw two small tornados but lived through four major hurricanes including andrew.You know the bumpersticker that says "ain't skeered",that wasn't me!

Old 03-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, it was kind of hard to sleep Saturday night. There was over 110 tornados reported in Missouri and Illinois Saturday evening and 9 people lost their life's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I guess that is why they call this part of the country "Tornado Alley".

Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear your okay. I was going to stay in this hotel once and when I went to check in it just felt weird. It being early in the day I decided not to check in and drive on a little. I drove about 50 miles further and found a nicer hotel for less money. That night bad weather hit and they showed on the news the hotel that I had originaly booked had been hit by a tornado. I understand about what your saying about being grateful. Granted your experience is a whole lot worse.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine lives in Rochester and still doesn't have power. I'm sorry here that the storm was so bad down there. I live in bloomington and was watching the cell come across.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

Yeah my sister lives in rochester as well, no power either, supposed to be on for rochester 11am tomorrow.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never personally lost any property to a twister, but from now until the end of June we live with them almost every week. My sister went through the big F5 in may of 99 in Ok City.....some people have to deal with snow or hurricanes, we have tornadoes. I am glad you are alright. I have been as close as 50 yds to 2 of them and they are scary....and I do mean scary. There is a joke here....you know your an okie when the sirens go off and instead of going to the shelter, you head for the backyard to look for the funnel.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

glad to hear everyone is ok. objects can be replaced...Humans cant.

I have never experinced a tornado, but have been in several storms with steright ling winds...which are NO fun either...

Quick Reply: survived the tornado