Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Phoenix Maintenance Manual and performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Maintenance Manual and performance

Looking for maintenance/service books on the Polaris phoenix just in case I want to make adjustments or do some extended maintenance(ie carb/throttle adjustments, not just fluids). Does anyone have a source? Also how does Polaris notify people about recalls on their products? So far the 05 Phoenix has been a blast to ride and the designed features have made it very easy for my 13 year old to begin learning basic maintenance concepts and checks. I do have experience working on my own 4x4 trucks but have no experience with ATV's.

I did notice some minor backfiring on occasion and will check the throttle cable to see if ETC switch making too much contact. I did buy the extended warranty just in case of mechanical bugs. If I was the sole rider, I probably wouldn't have bought it. So far this ATV has performed solidly on our 12 acre patch and now the wife wants one. I probably will go with a Utility ATV but they love the Phoenix after riding much larger ATV's. I guess this machines lighter weight, very decent power and ability to throw it around trails with the Automatic clutch drive helped here.

I did make a minor adjustment to the idle screw/carb needle because it was idling a little high. Starts fast, very quiet at idle. Shifts into gear without much effort, sometimes a very gentle tap on the throttle is needed. Will be changing the fluids now that it has almost 20 hours on it.