Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 first real ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 first real ride

Momma and I went out for our first hill climbing/rock crawling ride with our X2. The comfort level was definately a big +. The articulation in the wheels was incredible, but we sure didn't feel it on the top half of our machine. Our butts and kidneys never knew we went for a ride.
As far as milage goes; on flat level surfaces in high was well over 20 mpg's. Yesterday the slow climbing stuff in low gear up the mountain side saw a decline of about 7 mpg's. I guess I was getting about 15. As far as storage goes, we had the cooler on the front rack. We are still experimenting with different types of bags and coolers for the back while in 2-up mode.
While riding with a passenger, the extra weight was evident in turning around sharply. the extra person on the back definately made it a little lighter in the front wheels.
So far I am thrilled with the overall performance of my new toy. I must note I have not had one bit of any of the problems like stalling, burning plastic........

Old 05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I should have mentioned the amount of power I had. The efi 500 carried us up hills and rocks effortlessly. We had plenty of power in reserve. Not once all day did I ever feel like I needed anymore HP. I have not had it totally maxed out yet. I have reached 50 mph a couple of times by myself.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats, we are really enjoying ours as well. I think that I am even getting to the point of admitting that I like the X2 better than my 800 for some of our riding situations. Are you planning on working with your X2? I have been working ours pretty hard with no complaints so far.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Lawdog, As a matter of fact, I have been trying to gather as much info on different brands of garden accessories. I do have a need for a dirt/rock pushing blade of some kind.
I only have a small frontyard with grass so I wont be needing a mower.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't studied the plows much yet. I could use one right now but I need a good heavy lawn roller first. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I just bought our first atv. it is a Sportsman 500efi x2. We love it so far, but as I have read on this forum, there are problems with the two up seats. Two up seats in conjunction with a dump box isn't Polaris's most brilliant idea. The dump box works, but for what? ( a bag of wood chips?) The seat on one up doesn't lock into position as it should and it is okay as far as comfort is concerned. Haven't had andy overheating problems as of yet or melted plastic, or stalling, but then we only have 150 miles on it. Overall, I would rave about everything on the atv, accept the two up seating problem. Thanks for posting something on the X2![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

x2oldie, I use the dump bed on ours for several jobs. I strap a cargo net over my chainsaw and all of the associated goodies, I have hauled bags of Quikrete, cut firewood, and of course Mommas flowers and all of her other gardening stuff. I am thinking about building some bed rails for it to increase my bulk capacity.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Lawdog B2 for the info on the dumpbox. I think your idea of increasing the capacity might be a stroke of genious that Polaris should have thought of. It sounds like you are having fun with yours and we are too! Polaris is working on solutions to the seat problems. Talked to dealer today. Happy trails Lawdogb2!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

My wife and I were quite interested in the X2, until the wife saw the SP LE model that we eventually purchased. I liked the idea of the dumping box but I too thought .. what the heck would I put in it to dump? The best feature by far on the X2, to my mind, is the integrated foot rests for the up-passenger .. so much more comfy and nautral feeling than the seat pegs provided with the add-on seat for the sportsman ..

Congrats on your new toy .. hope you enjoy it for a very long time!!