Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin an outlaw

Ride it like you stole it!!
If ur not wreckin then ur not ridin!!

Old 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default gettin an outlaw

I got it and have only rode it a few minutes, its very nice. it kinda squats when you give it gas but it is the smoothest sport quad I have ever rode. I look forward to this evening when I can ride more.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default gettin an outlaw

I now have rode it a bit and its incredible, it does seem to hook up a little harder in the corners but if you gas it, it spins around just fine. It doesn't seem to be a wheelie machine but wheelies aren't my thing all the time, it'll get up there but the Preddys get em up faster. I really like the quad, a lot so far. I parked it and got on my old 250 ex ( 2001 ) and I can't believe how gutless the 250 is. As far as being smooth the Outlaw is smoother then any other sport bike I have ever been on. It jumps really well. The IRS helps it not to shake so bad when the ground is inconsistant. It just cruises right over. I like this thing.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default gettin an outlaw

Outstanding man, enjoy. Keep us posted as you hit different terrain and get more time on your new ride!

Old 05-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default gettin an outlaw

Congrats, glad you like it.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:53 PM
LW
Trailblazer
Default gettin an outlaw

Sounds like the right fit, right machine for the right person! Congratulations. What kind of areas do you ride?

Old 05-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default gettin an outlaw

i live in florida so mostly sand and dirt trails

Old 05-21-2006, 04:39 AM
LW
Trailblazer
Default gettin an outlaw

Now you have had the Outlaw for a several weeks, what functions good and what's not so good or recommend changes on it.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gettin an outlaw

I guess Matt Smiley can't race it.

Polaris says he's racing the Outlaw, Smiley says he's racing the Outlaw and will never go back to the solid rear axle quad.

HOWEVER

They are both lying since Smiley is racing some quad with a SOLID REAR AXLE in the GNCCs. Even during the telecast SMiley was saying how he liked the IRS, yet all the shots of him on the track clearly show a single shock swing arm with solid rear axle.

My guess is they cannot get the IRS dialed in to handle all that power and still be controled in the woods. IRS gets nasty when the front end gets light.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 PM
LW
Trailblazer
Default gettin an outlaw

ss97,
Thank you. I hadn't seen enough of Smiley in action. All I saw the other day was a stick went through his coolant and dropped to 64th. When you said, IRS gets nasty when the front end gets light, I presume the IRS rearend tries to go with the frontend vs. counterbalance to the opposing direction on a high speed turn? Based on what I have seen and read* on jumps, it's great, but high speed turns pro-riders are having trouble adapting their style. Based on exocaged statements earlier above with his 250 ex, I believe his riding style has not been locked in yet and he might be able to adapt better than a pro-rider.

*ATVaction, May 2006, pp 24 - 33, Best Trail Quad Shootout: Z400 vs. Outlaw
Dirtwheels, June 2006, pp 58 - 72, Outlaw 500 vs. Raptor 700
(these two articles seem less bias than the one sided articles I read online. Obliviously each magazine writer still has to be carefully, because every company that puts ads in the magazine is a customer/client too as the consumer public.)

Quick Reply: gettin an outlaw