Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2007's to be a suprise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007's to be a suprise?

i realy wanna know, how much better can a quad get? o meen once somthign is great. whjy try and change it? somthing that works will always work.. ppl are just so uncontent with every thing...

the only thing polaris needs to get rid of is weight!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

07 will be like all the rest of the years for the scrammy and such. New Decals. Wow I bet theres alot of R&D put into that. Can am is going to be the leader and I'm sure honda and the rest except for Polaris will all provide lightweight fast reliable machines. Polaris will continue to make there same old (once great) quads. I look at quads much like the old cell phones. Back in the day I had a top of the line motorola bag phone. It was a tank to tote around. But back in the day it was the best... Today 98% of the old weight is gone on the new cell phones. In todays market of small lightweight phones. It (my old heavy cell phone) would be laughed at. Much like the Scrammy is fixin to be. Its outdated and heavy. Back in the day thats the machine I always wanted. I've bought 2 polaris machines and when I took them up to my local Polaris dealer where I purchased both machines to trade up. I was quated a horrible price for trade in.... But a friend of mine bought Honda and when he went last year to trade up, he received a great deal, because people want well taken care of used honda quads. My quads was in great condition. Serviced by the dealership on a regular basis. I've owned nothing but polaris, but there not going to get no more of my money unless they step up to the plate and make some changes. Each year we hear about a lighter weight scrammy with low gear and back to the FOX shocks... All I've seen in the years past is them take away the available GENIII winch and the FOX shocks. There making it worst not better. Guys get ready for a new set of stickers

Old 06-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the sportsmans will be mechanicly updated. Polaris' contract with MacPhearson has ended, along with their shock contract with Sachs. my bet is that polaris goes to a double A-arm with Fox Shox

since the front suspention on the sportsmans will change, ultimately that means that the scrambler will change aswell

Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

The scrammy changed there shocks a couple years back from the FOX. The change was not for the better, and they raised the price of the quad that same year. Who says that they wont even go cheaper on the shocks and raise the price. Only thing were sure about is the new fun and exciting decals. You can always bet on those new and exciting decals. Yah go. Even with that said I still want one..... Sad huh.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Spyder, if their contract is up with mainly Macphearson (and Sachs) wouldnt that affect the Sportsman's weight, legendary ride, and overall feel of the Sportsmans???? You have got me worried. I love Macphearson Struts on Polaris's. I may have to get an '06, but who knows, the change could be for the better, i hope.....
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350
Sold

Old 06-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

What makes you think that Polaris would quit using Mcpherson Struts just because a contract was up? Sounds to me like it would just be time to renegotiate a new contract....

Old 06-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

jeeze, dont shoot the messenger, thats all i heard

Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

spyder6: I wasn't attacking you man.... I'm just pointing out that an expired contract doesn't mean they have to switch brands....

Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BJ426
spyder6: I wasn't attacking you man.... I'm just pointing out that an expired contract doesn't mean they have to switch brands....
that is true, but they can now explore different possiblities if they want to. the suspension set up they have now is great. i dont think they can get it better without spending a ton of money which i cant see them doin. so its either a crappy set-up or the same

Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what i heard was that the contract with MacPhearson ended and they WERE persueing double A-arms with fox shox

Quick Reply: 2007's to be a suprise?