syntetic-sh- oil ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default syntetic-sh- oil ?

Originally posted by: Perky
Originally posted by: madmatt1971
I use the AMSOIL 0W40 power sport oil. Typically car and truck oils are lighter in the anti-shearing compounds than the Motorcycle and power sport blends. Not say an API certified blend is bad or will hurt your bike. I just stating a point that the application specific oils hold up better in the long run. I would suggest that if you go AMSOIL you use the SVG 75W90 in the read diff, TTC Series 2K chain case lube in your Trans and AWG in your front diff. Since the front diff uses an electric/magnetic current to engage and lock the front diff a hydraulic fluid is used and not a gear lube These are the AMSOIL recommended replacements for the OE fluids. PM me if you don't have a local dealer.

Polaris brand 0w40 is made by Amsoil........so depending which brand name is cheaper,it"s still the same oil.....

Actually Amsoil doesn't make the Polaris oil. It is made by lube-tech Lubrication Technologies in Minnesota. They make all Polaris oil to Polaris' specs.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is correct. I think Amsoil is independent, and makes only Amsoil.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: tmorris1
Originally posted by: six6six
Originally posted by: Fireslayer
Not sure, but I think the current API rating on the Mobil 1 is SJ which is higher than "SH". As oil grades improve, the second letter in the rating goes up alphabetically and supercedes all grades before it. I use Mobil 1 in all my vehicles and equipment. You don't have to take anyones word for it though. Call the toll-free number on the Mobil 1 bottle and see what they tell you about using it in your machine. IMO it's as good as anything out there and somewhat better than most.

exactly!!!!!
You are correct that later letters superceding previous ones, but the current API spec met by Mobil 1 is SM. The later oils are great for cars, but can have less of some of the good additives that ATVs and bikes need because of pollution and catalytic converters.

are the cams in polaris Flat or rollar?

if they are flat then yea the ZZDDP(?) needs to be there. all agree to that. a bottle of GM EOS will solve for that though...

Old 06-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sdbowhunter
I use the AMSOIL 0W40 power sport oil. Typically car and truck oils are lighter in the anti-shearing compounds than the Motorcycle and power sport blends. Not say an API certified blend is bad or will hurt your bike. I just stating a point that the application specific oils hold up better in the long run. I would suggest that if you go AMSOIL you use the SVG 75W90 in the read diff, TTC Series 2K chain case lube in your Trans and AWG in your front diff. Since the front diff uses an electric/magnetic current to engage and lock the front diff a hydraulic fluid is used and not a gear lube These are the AMSOIL recommended replacements for the OE fluids. PM me if you don't have a local dealer.

Polaris brand 0w40 is made by Amsoil........so depending which brand name is cheaper,it"s still the same oil.....

Actually Amsoil doesn't make the Polaris oil. It is made by lube-tech Lubrication Technologies in Minnesota. They make all Polaris oil to Polaris' specs.
Actually AMSOIL DOES MAKE THE 0W40 FOR THE SPORTSMAN......OR DOES A POLARIS TECH AT POLARIS INDUSTRIES NOT KNOW WHAT HE"S TALKING ABOUT.
I THINK I"LL GO WITH HIM...

AMSOIL DOES MAKE THE OIL FOR THE SPORTSMAN 0W40......

Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

[quote]

Actually AMSOIL DOES MAKE THE 0W40 FOR THE SPORTSMAN......OR DOES A POLARIS TECH AT POLARIS INDUSTRIES NOT KNOW WHAT HE"S TALKING ABOUT.

I'll bet you anything in the world that the Polaris tech is feeding you a line of crap to sell their oil. Email Amsoil and ask the same question. They will tell you flat out that they don't make oil for anyone but Amsoil. The 2 oils look, feel, and smell different. I don't have a problem with either the Polaris or Amsoil oil, but they I can say with confidence that the Polaris oil is not made by Amsoil.

I believe that the guy that stated Polaris oil is made by Lube-Tech is correct. They are a blender located in the Twin Cities area.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Not a chance.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I think they make 0w40 for more than just the Sportsman.