Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stories anyone

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stories anyone

last week i was trail riding in the 06 700 EFI and i saw a honda rincon that was stuck in a mudhole. So i thought i would be nice and offer to pull him out. He said he needed the help so I hooked on the winch and pulled him out. Right after he thanked me i goosed it and went right throught the mudhole that i pulled him out of. Once i got to the other side i looked back and he had look on his face like holy S@&#[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. I laughed and rode off lol. I was just wondering if anyone else had a funny story like that where they had pulled someone elses atv out of the mud.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stories anyone

i ride with 2 guys with 400ex's and i'm always pulling them out with my sport 400 i make it throuh and sure enff one of them always get stuck. if i go first and have any trouble at all they refuse to attempt it, it must be their gear situation i'm flingin mud a mile ,their bangin gears lookin for power. even on the trails neither can keep up ,my sports not that fast but they say constant shifting always lets my pull ahead expecially in the tight hilly stuff. i have had to stop and wait on several occasions wondering if they were still comming... lol too funny i think

as you see by my avatar... I LUV MUDDIN

rich

Old 06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Default Stories anyone

my 250 tb has been over the bars more then once in spots where it shouldnt have made it into or out of with out a pull or killing it...the holes that i have gone into there was probley 2 feet of the sticky stuff and alot of water but anyways there was a cupple 4x4s in it and so i was running lines to them with it and by all means i should have been the one getiing pulled out but no it was the 4x4s nothing aginst them i love them... but i think its kinda funny how a 2x4 can go into a place where a 4 gets stuck and need to be pulled and the hole i had never been in or near befor it was a trail we had seen and took it and my moms 360 made it thro in 2x4 and its 4 and the other 4 bikes where all bigger and had better tires on tehm adn was lifted....its just kinda funny but u gotta love it

Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Stories anyone

I ride with two chaps who run yami warriors. these blokes see a mud hole and break a thumb trying to get in to it. I love pulling em through. My beast can climb a wall and I love it!!!! 4x4 tank lol

Old 06-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stories anyone

Hey Dutch105, I saw a quad like yours at the dealer here in Mid Ohio. Man, I tell you what, that thing is sharp! I was told that the paint is different, from others. How does it hold up against normal scratches. I was just wondering. I could not own that color scheme, because all I would want to do is wax it! LOL!!! It is the best looking stock quad that I've seen. Except for mine, of course, JK.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stories anyone

I got a story about a couple Grizzly riders. These Old Farts that I met on the trail, don't like putting winches on, because of the weight that they add! WHAT!!! Then these guys started telling me that Engine Ice would keep you cool even if the radiator is plugged full of mud, I knew for sure at that time, these guys are freaks! Yeah, thay said you could even do away with the radiator. Ok!?!? "Which way are you going, because I will go the other way!"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stories anyone

Got another one, I got pulled out my a Grizzly last year. Oh yeah, he had fun with me and my quad! Until he saw that I had 27" Mudzilla's on. I offered to move out of the way, so that he could have a shot at the hole. "No, that's alright" he said. I told him I would stick around to return the favor of pulling me out. I think that he was afraid to lose the title of "Never Been Stuck!"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Stories anyone

The color wears well, I have rubbed and scrubbed it. I don't have a trailer queen and I am surprised by the paint. I would have expected it to be a weak link.

My foot boards are cutting my fender and rubbing the paint away but I have to say, this is not the fault of the paint. Nothing would hold up there.

Each time I think I have cut the paint, I whipe away the dust and to my surprise, the marks were just in the mud and not the paint. I had the bike bend a fender on a tree on one 90 turn on a trail there a few weeks ago..to be honest I was expecting the fender to snap, but no snap and no paint damage.

duno how others are holding up but mine is bullet proof so far.