Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris winch Scam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris winch Scam?

First I would like to say that I have been ridding quad's for the last 20 yrs and have owned every type of bike made. I recently purchased a new 700 EFI Polaris. This is my first Polaris and was really looking forward to the purchase. I looked up the local incentives and Polaris offered a new pure Polaris winch and a $250 rebate for buying the bike. So I went in to my local bike shop "sunsports", and paid cash for the bike. The winch was discussed and everything was a go. When the bike was loaded on the trailer and the paper's were signed all of a sudden I was no eligable for the winch. Because they lowered the price of the bike they refused to give me the winch. So when I got home I contacted Polaris and was treated like a communist. They flat laughed at me and told me that they will not help there customers and stand behind there dealerships, "even if they lie". I don't know guys, this is my first Polaris and would have never thought in a million years that a company would treat there customers this way. So I figured that maybe this is a isolated case and that I just talked to the wrong person. Well this theory was blown out of the water when I recently went to a all Polaris ride and found that 16 other riders who had recently purchased there bikes based upon this same deal were ripped off and then treated the same way by Polaris. I guess that the company has grown a little to big for it's britches. I had planned on buying my wife a new 500 EFI, but instead will purchase a new Suzuki. If any of you have had simular problems could you please tell me. My wife is a corporate lawyer and I am seriously thinking about starting a class action lawsuit against Polaris. I have read there promotion to the letter and no where does it state that they can just no give you the winch because they want to.

Anyway let me know.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

It's not a scam, but it's up to the dealers to honor it and not Polaris. What did you pay for the 700? A lot of dealers will use the winch money they get from Polaris to lower the price for the consumer. If you paid only $250 less then MSRP then yes I would put up a stink, but if you paid way less then MSRP then they most likely used the winch to get you a lower price. If they said they would give you a winch, then it's the dealer not Polaris. But with anything, have it in writing before you sign the dotted line.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree w/ ge4x4, on when i bought my wifes 450 i didnt take the winch deal, instead they knocked off more money. however i knew this up front in the discussion. i myself am wondering if its worth calling polaris directly concerning getting screwed by my dealer or just lewt it go.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also worked the winches in my deal with the two sportman 450's... One dealer gave me a price (low price because of no winch in the deal) BUT I sent an e-mail to the dealer I wanted to deal with ;and told him the price I got there and he matched it.....but included two 2500 LB polaris warn winches with it also. So that's how I got them..Get a price and go from there ....WORK THE WINCHES IN AFTER THAT!!!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

i also agree with you 100% about the deal. on the yamahas when they offer the winch deal you have to get it, i even tried to get the price lowered with out the winch and they said it had nothing to do with the price of the atv that it was a promotion through yamaha. that being said when i got my deal on my polaris i knew up front that i was giving up the winch offer to get a lower price so i can not gripe about that.

but i can gripe about the SORRY customer service that polaris has i have owned my 2006 sportsman 500efi a month and it is coming up on my 3rd weekend without it. it has been in the shop more time than at my house and the dealer is still not for sure what is wrong with it. so i called polaris to see if they could offer any help and they tell me that they are not set up to take those kind of calls. ?? that is customer service?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

You see guys this is what pisses me off. I only paid 200 under MSRP and am getting screwed out of a $500 winch. What I don't understand is that it is a "REBATE" from Polaris, not a money note. So basically they probably have not given anybody the winch that they promise. Like I said before I read the promotional deal front to back and it says absolutely nothing about a negotible decision from the dealership. I do love the bike, but unfortunately will never own another one due to this type of customer disloyalty. After talking to everyone from Polaris there is no doubt in my mind that they do not give two craps about any of us, it's just a money game to them and that to me is sad.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like the dealer is jerking you around. My understanding of the promo is that you can opt for the free winch, or get up to an additional $500 off. At least that is what I read for my area when I recently bought a couple of Sportsman 500 EFIs. I believe that the 700 EFI should have a $250 rebate plus the winch deal. I know I got a substantial discount plus the winch deal without any hassle at all.

Sorry you got screwed.

chad

Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

yes the dealer has put the screws to ya. there is a free winh or 260 rebate and also another 250 rebate also for a total cash discount of 510 dollars. you cant have the 260 discount and the winch. as a salesman for polaris i always quote all prices with all discounts applied and if they want a winch i add the 260 to the price. polaris or any other manufacturer really has no control over what the dealers do. atv dealers are the same as car dealer some will screw you blind while others will go out of their way to make you happy. and as far as a price for an 06 700efi you shouldnt have paid more than 7k before taxes with all discounts

Old 07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

Colt is right, you have to watch some dealers. When I call around for prices there are the ones I am leery about and the ones I can trust. My guy tells me right up front what the price is with the winch and without it even if I don't ask about a winch. I would complain to the Better Business Bureau about your dealer. You might want to mention it to your dealer that you are going to see if he will give you something before reporting them. I know the BBB can't do much but some businesses don't like being on their list.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

Sounds like you were pretty desperate for an atv......I got my 800 for $1000 off msrp, +a warn winch $100 off....installed free, free hand warmers, and a glacier plow $100 off w/ free install. If they told me a free winch and it wasnt on there when I did the paper work, I wouldve walked. Its kinda hard to haggle AFTER THE FACT. You would think that out of 17 of you, one of you would've spoken up about getting ripped off and not signed the papers if the winch wasnt there?????

Quick Reply: Polaris winch Scam?