Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mods for a predator

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for a predator

Ok posting for a friend here.

He is looking to get a little more power from his predator. It is basically stock except the Pure Polaris slip-on (looks like a white Brothers?)

He is basically looking at adding a head pipe, Intake and filter and rejet

Anyone recommend a good head pipe to go with this slip-on

I also seem to remember the predators airbox was a little different the most (correct me if wrong) Whats the best set- up here.

Also a good starting point for jetting with these mods.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

The best mod you can do for a preddy is trade it for a Rappy...LOL..J/K...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Doyal is just jealous cuz he cant beat a Nicholas Cycle stage 5 predator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

his Pure Polaris slip on is actually a White Brothers E-Series exhuast. for optimial power out of a stock motor do these things.

Send Carburator to Nicholas Cycle (www.nicholascycle.com) for the carburator race mod. he bores the throat and everything, fantastic mod, i have it. it really livens up the motor.

Nicholas cycle intake pack. which places a round Uni filter directly onto the carburator removing the airbox entirely. dont worry about water or mud getting flung up into the filter, its far enough away that it wont happen. this is the same setup i use exept i use a K&N for a sportsman.

Rath Raceing headpipe. it truely is the best headpipe you can buy for a predator.

and as for his exhuast, i reccomend buying a White Brothers round high-flow turn down tip, and removeing all the adjustment plates. this will put a very nice sound to the predator and give it a nice boost in power.

when/if he sends his carburator to Nicholas Cycle, you need to tell them that your going to use the Rath Raceing header, no airbox, and a turn down tip on the exhuast, your elevation, average humidity, and they will jet it properly for those conditions. he'll probebly end up useing a 180 to 185 main jet (stock is 150)

good luck!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I will be lookin into this info for my next quad...the outlaw...thanks

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Doyle is just jealous cuz he cant beat a Nicholas Cycle stage 5 predator
Hmmm never came across one of them yet...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But i would like too....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

doyal, heres the specs for it

Nicholas Racing 654cc Race Motor

-Race head porting designed for a large stroke

-5 angle valve job

-Nicholas Racing valves

-Cam kit- (2 versions available)

-48 Lectron and cable with custom rod

-Stoker crank with race rod and heavy duty parts

-All machine work to allow for large stroke

-Labor to blue print and motor assembly

-2 heavy duty crank bearings

-Cam chain

-All engine gaskets

-Nicholas Racing billet cylinder kit with custom piston

-Dyna ignition with 4 curves

-Miscellaneous small parts

-$8,250

Engine description: This motor puts out a huge amount of torque and horsepower from idle to 10,000- 11,000 rpms depending on cams. Requires a strong battery. The stock battery that tests 13 volts with no load. Pulls hard and revs to higher rpms. It has taken Doug 3 years to desing a large stroker motor that will preform at this level.

Your parts required: Your complete motor, (without carb)

and doug has ran 4.2 second 300 yard runs on his 575 gasoline motor

Old 07-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

To be honest the Predator is one of the most moddable of the new four-strokes, you just have to know who to take it to. That 654 kit is throwing down well over 85 horse no problem, because i think their 574 makes 75ish... That might even be the motor he has managed to break a hundred HP on... It's a work of art.

Question tho: Will the stock crank actually stay together at 11,000!?! or does he run the Falicon crank when you're turning that level of RPM? If the stock crank can do it, can you do this to a non stroked motor, seems it would be even easier on the crank shaft then... i imagine valve springs are involved... wonder how reliable that would be... may just have to find out if i get into woods racing!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

spyder6....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope you mean he ran a 4.2 in 300 FOOT not yards LOL..
(and doug has ran 4.2 second 300 yard runs on his 575 gasoline motor)

But im likeing this couse im seeing a fast preddy i wanna meet..

Whats the HP and TQ on this preddy..Im interested..

Couse i will need to know how to mix my methonal if i happen to run into one...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Couse if it has the power im thinking it does...Im going to have to go ***** deep into the rappy to beat one of them in 300 foot...Your getting kinda close to my kinda numbers..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Spyder6 dont leave me hangin give me some more info bro....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol yeah sorry, i was tired when i posted that sooooo yeah, its feet, not yards...

and since the 575 is pumping out 75 horsepower, and i can only guess what the 654 is putting out. i vote 90 horsepower. out of a gas motor? think of what it could do on alk

Old 07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

and since the 575 is pumping out 75 horsepower, and i can only guess what the 654 is putting out. i vote 90 horsepower. out of a gas motor? think of what it could do on alk
I likes this...But on the 90HP part..Man thats getting up there..And the funny thing is iv never seen one..and i make alot of sanddrags...But if its pushing 90..And if its all motor and no spray.. im going to say that it would have to be on alky to get 90..couse that is some really good numbers...But there is one rule.. you can have all the ponys in the world..But you have to have the setup to go with...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mods for a predator